Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE! I took the time to come up with better-quality chops of the non-metallic colors. See my later post below.

So I noticed that I can barely find any up-close, good quality pictures of the current Monster in "color therapy" garb. Worse yet, I can't find any with a red frame, except for the stock red and the neutrals (black, silver, and white). So I decided to create my own.

The following are "eh"-quality chops I did with a free paint utility, since I'm temporarily in Brazil and don't have anything better loaded on my netbook (like photoshop). As such, I did the best I could with what I have to faithfully duplicate the actual "color therapy" colors on an 1100 with the red frame. The non-metallics (dark blue and lavender) will, unfortunately, look metallic because the original picture that I chopped was metallic silver. But this should give people a good idea of how well, or how bad, the various colors would look on a red-framed monster.

However, if anyone has any actual pictures of non-neutral color therapy skins with the red frame then, by all means, please post them up.

Once I'm home again, I'll work on better-quality chops.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a bit too "Ronald McDonald" for me, but not as bad as the yellow Corvettes with red interiors.

Now red or yellow wheels with that combo? That would certainly be too much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's really cool. I have the factory red M1100 and wondered this exact thing, so thanks! The dark blue actually looks better than I thought it would. Kinda Superman-ish. I have heard rumors that they may be offering a couple of new skins this summer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice work!! I as well have red on red, and always wondered what it would look like. Thank you for taking the time to put these together :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Black Trellis is better for color kits

I think red looks ridicules with some of the colors, as such it overpowering and clashes with most kit colors. Look at the yellow and red combination it looks like a clown’s bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only good thing about the yellow skins is they match the UGLY YELLOW spring on the rear shock.

Even my wife complains about that, and she doesn't know the difference between a Ducati and a Vespa. Hey Ducati, how about painting that spring BLACK so it's not even noticed!?!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I thought the first yellow looked good, the second one wasn't as good. Most of them don't look as bad as I thought they would in my head. I've got the orange with a black frame, it looks pretty sick. Way better than I thought it would when I ordered it, people stop me all the time to comment how much they like it.

Nice work though, those really give people a good idea of what they'd look like. Hopefully the guy above is right and they come up with some new designs. I switch back in forth between my black skins (wife likes) and the orange skins which is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I want to pick up some flat black skins for my red frame, but I'm also thinking about the metallic dark red, and the light metallic blue (which looks like the nassau blue from the Corvette.)

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
If anyone is swapping tank panels, I am looking to purchase a pearl white right side (if sitting on bike) panel. If you have one available, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm dont really like any of those against the red frame. If the mustard color was on a black frame then that wouldnt look to bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do like te red frame with black but on the other side I have a full black 696+ now and he looks so nice. This makes me wondering if I gonna swap my 696+ for a 796.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.
Well dude i found a website acer netbook skins while searching on internet, Is this website is really good in providing notebooks with elegant skins? I am going to buy a new netbook.

netbook skins

1 - 17 of 17 Posts