Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Folks, My 2nd post on behalf of a friend who has just taken delivery of a 2020 659 monster.

I understand from my last post that the 2020 Australian 659 LAMS monster is a de-tuned version of a 797.

Q1. She does not have an owner's booklet. Can somebody explain the keys please? Do ducatis have a key with an inbuilt electronic transponder? I am familiar with yamahas and harleys both of which have a transponder. In that case the bike won't start without the transponder being near the bike.

Q2. Would anybody know where I can get an owner's booklet (e.g. PDF copy for free)?

Q3. She only got 1 key but would like to get a second key. How does she go about this? Does each new key need to be electronically matched to the bike by the dealer? Or, is there another method?

TIA for any help.

·
Banned
1 Posts
hi Folks, My 2nd post on behalf of a friend who has just taken delivery of a 2020 659 monster.

I understand from my last post that the 2020 Australian 659 LAMS monster is a de-tuned version of a 797.

Q1. She does not have an owner's booklet. Can somebody explain the keys please? Do ducatis have a key with an inbuilt electronic transponder? I am familiar with yamahas and harleys both of which have a transponder. In that case the bike won't start without the transponder being near the bike.

Q2. Would anybody know where I can get an owner's booklet (e.g. PDF copy for free)?

Q3. She only got 1 key but would like to get a second key. How does she go about this? Does each new key need to be electronically matched to the bike by the dealer? Or, is there another method?

TIA for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Try
for a manual.

This is for 2012 so possibly useless to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts