Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a huge problem with my Monster 620i.e. Last Friday I tried to start the engine after 20 km of driving but I couldn't. There was a countdown from 30 to 0 on the multifunction screen (just like when you want to add a new key with the red one). The Immo light flashed 4 times.

I checked the dash looking for the water inside, cleaned plugs from ingition switch and antenna to ECU.
When I tried to disconnect the antenna - there was 2 flashes of the immo light.
When I tried to disconnect the ECU - there was 1 flash of the immo light.

I found the info, that 4 flashes mean that ECU is programmed, but immo is blank. Does it mean that the problem is with module insede the gauges? i dont know what to do now. Any ideas or experiences with this problem? ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery entirely for a few minutes and reconnection. Check all the wires and clean all connections.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done it. I'm an engineer and I'm not afraid of trying simple solutions :) I think I found the reason of the problem. There was water in my dash in the past, I think and it causes a lot of corroded wires in pcb. Now, I'm looking for a expert in the electronics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue with my ‘05 620 monster a few years back. Kept bike parked outside in nyc, the gasket was bad (folded over don't ask me how), water poured in and screwed the dash/ecu. Had to have it reflashed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts