Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm a rookie here...brand new.
but I have a question to you much more experienced/knowledgable Ducati owners.
I have an 06' 620---Ermenegildo Zegna and Ducati commissed Ducati NY with a custom paint-job to mimic Ducati's design for Zenga's cologne. There are only 2 of these bikes in the country, the other is still locked up in a warehouse on the east coast.
Anyway, its brand new. never been ridden.
I want to sell it, but have no idea how much to ask, or the best way to go about it.
if anyone has some insightful advice i would appreciate it.
Thanks.
T

·
Registered
355 Posts
Proving my long-held claim to utter Mastery of the Obvious...

how about the classifieds on this site?

I like the color scheme on the bike, by the way, but am not sure about the fragrance tie-in!

Another idea would be on something like cars dot com or autotrader (there may be a bike equivalent, but I'm not sure). I would look for 10 - 15% mark-up....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
ocmonster said:
I want to sell it, but have no idea how much to ask, or the best way to go about it.
No offense but I don't think it's worth any more than any other 620. For reference check and see what Matrix edition or Capirex edition 620's have sold for.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Probably outright sale would draw more money, but there might be a dealership that would pay good money to have it on display.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just like a baseball card

MikeB said:
No offense but I don't think it's worth any more than any other 620. For reference check and see what Matrix edition or Capirex edition 620's have sold for.
Thanks, thats definitely a good idea.
I realize that there isn't anything really special about the bike--but seem to think for the simple fact that only 2 exist, I may be able to get some 'Ducati enthusiast' to spend more than 7 grand.
As someone who used to spend every dime on baseballs cards, don't the same principals of Collectors edition apply?
I mean, i'm not planning riding it....so maybe I should wait 20 years.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Re: just like a baseball card

ocmonster said:
Thanks, thats definitely a good idea.
I realize that there isn't anything really special about the bike--but seem to think for the simple fact that only 2 exist, I may be able to get some 'Ducati enthusiast' to spend more than 7 grand.
As someone who used to spend every dime on baseballs cards, don't the same principals of Collectors edition apply?
I mean, i'm not planning riding it....so maybe I should wait 20 years.
IMHO I wouldn't think so (BB cards = Monster).
It's just a trick paint job. IF the bike also came with nasty bits of CF and Billet (specialty blue billet), specialty rotors, upgraded suspension, exclusive aluminum doodads and mirrors and footpegs then you'd have something.

But it's a 620 with an unusual paintjob that could be mimiced by a talented bike painter.

If it had, say, the autograph of the Parfum designer, that might change the landscape as well.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: just like a baseball card

larakat said:
IMHO I wouldn't think so (BB cards = Monster).
It's just a trick paint job. IF the bike also came with nasty bits of CF and Billet (specialty blue billet), specialty rotors, upgraded suspension, exclusive aluminum doodads and mirrors and footpegs then you'd have something.

But it's a 620 with an unusual paintjob that could be mimiced by a talented bike painter.

If it had, say, the autograph of the Parfum designer, that might change the landscape as well.

My 2 cents.
interesting point of view..... I suppose a talented artist could re-create some picasso or mona lisa too.
oh thats right, they do.
its called a knock off.
not that this bike is the mona lisa or anything.
the word authentic must mean something different to me.
thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bike in add pictures is different than your bike. Add pics is an S-R look at the rear sets and has dry not wet clutch.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I saw that bike this past summer when it was in the Ducati NY showroom. I can't see anyone paying more for it than any other 620. The color was cool, but teh Z logo on the tank was cheesy. I think it would look better without the Zegna logo, I think it takes ALOT away from the bike, (I recall thinking that a DML sticker might be the right size to cover it.) :p

In all honesty, If I were to put a pricetag for selling it I think you should consider yourself lucky to sell it for more that $5,500.
You can easily find an almost new monster for between $4,000-$5,000 still under warantee. I bought my stock 620 for $4000 with only 1,026 miles on it.

Best of Luck :)

PS.. why don't you just keep it and ride it? Why did you purchase it to begin with? hopefully you didn't think it was a financial investment.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
skeeflea said:
Bike in add pictures is different than your bike. Add pics is an S-R look at the rear sets and has dry not wet clutch.
[clap]

Finally someone spots it !! that's a S2R1K in the ad.. I imagine your 620 was painted with a silver stripe for a NY product release photo shoot, kind of a "knock off" of the real one used in Italy in the magazine ad... if you find someone that really loves it you may be able to ask the going rate in NY for a used 620....maybe a few hundred more because of the minimal miles... if no one bites you may have to remove the Zegna logo, IMO leave the stripe.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
skeeflea said:
yeah, after reading the Zegna advertisements, the cologne was supposedly inspired by the S4R. Not sure if it's actually a S4R in the photo, as I can only find the top view. But you are correct, that is NO 620.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts