Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i live in australia and ducati have monster 620 ie lite that is restricted for a learner legal bike i just want to know if anyone knows what they have done to restrict them and how you can derestrict them thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think it is just a fuel restrictor. Go to the Duc site and look in the parts catalog. I think you'll find it in there - with a listing of the parts that are included. My guess is you can switch between a restricted and non-restricted bike fairly easily.

S

·
0 Posts
no, no...you have to go to the hardware store. buy a 50 lbs bag of sand. strap it to the back of the monster.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
no, no...you have to go to the hardware store. buy a 50 lbs bag of sand. strap it to the back of the monster.
NO NO NO...he's trying to de-restrict it.

I looked at the parts catalogs for M620 Europe (and other countries) vs. the M620 USA, and didn't find anything obvious.

Look for something on the throttle housing on the handlebar or on the throttle body assembly on the engine, that is restricting how far the throttle can open. That's the usual procedure for restricting a bike.

S

·
0 Posts
oh wait, all you have to do is reprogram it. take your computer out, connect a serial cable to it, and download a new map

D

·
0 Posts
a map for a M750i.e. '02 is nowhere to be found...unless you buy a PC3 from FBF...and again how does it perform?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ahhhh...Ducato, S4_newbie, you're taking his question too seriously now..... :(

frenzal1, wish we had more information for you, sorry. Hang in there, one of our Aussie members may have something for you.

Just occurred to me, try contacting these guys:

http://www.moto-one.com.au/index.html

They're at least on your continent, and may have some real help.

C

·
0 Posts
frenzal1 said:
hi there i live in australia and ducati have monster 620 ie lite that is restricted for a learner legal bike i just want to know if anyone knows what they have done to restrict them and how you can derestrict them thanks
I am looking for the answer to this question as well. I like the idea of the 620 lite to start and then unrestrict it when I have a full licence. This way I will have a bike that will last me for a longer time and will upgrade as my experience does.

Did you find out if this is possible.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I guess brad_black would have SOME answers - don't yoy, brad? ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey frenzel

I also have a 620lite and when i bought it the dealer informed me that it is simply a throttle restrictor which can be easily removed.

C

·
0 Posts
cookie said:
Hey frenzel

I also have a 620lite and when i bought it the dealer informed me that it is simply a throttle restrictor which can be easily removed. I haven't got my full licence yet so I haven't unrestricted mine. If you do, please put up a post as I'd be interested.

Keep safe

Cookie
Hey Cookie,

can you give us a quick run down on how you are finding the 620lite to ride.

Thanks CT

C

·
0 Posts
I went to see the dealer today to get the low down on the 620lite and regs in NSW. Basically you can choose any of the Monster 620 models and they can fit the throtle regulator for you to make it learner legal. When you are ready for more they can put it back to stock and this won't affect the dealer waranty. Only thing to be aware of is the bike is registered as a lite, so you can either leave it like that, get it re-registered or when you go to sell put the restrictor back on and sell as learner approved (not a bad option as learner bikes tend to hold there value better (look at all those 250 bombs going around still comanding good bucks for 10+ year old bikes etc)

Off to put an order in...

G

·
0 Posts
i can post a photo of the hole contraption if need be all it is something that stops the throttle twisting all the way it is basically a removalble bracket...

it has one threaded screw/bolt and one bolt that i have never seen befor..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts