Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slightly higher: 25mm but I knew that prior to buying.
Firmer than expected. Not that I'm disappointed with the firmness but simply surprised.
The stock seat on the 2017 Monster 1200S seemed much softer and plush If I remember last year's demo ride.
However, I was comparing that to the stock 1200R seat which is much more aggressive.
On that note, I wouldn't mind comparing the 1200R comfort seat vs the stock 2017-18 1200S seat.
All and all, the 1200R comfort seat is much more comfortable and shock absorbing than the performance focused 1200R stock seat.
Moreover, I expect the seat to break-in somewhat making it softer and more compliant.
I'll be riding it predominately for the next few months and will let you know if it does.

Reactions: kOoLiNuS

·
Registered
58 Posts
My complaint with the stock 1200R seat is that it pitches too far forward, constantly pushing me into the tank.

Does the 1200R comfort seat alleviate this? is the comfort seat more 'level'?

Thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My complaint with the stock 1200R seat is that it pitches too far forward, constantly pushing me into the tank.

Does the 1200R comfort seat alleviate this? is the comfort seat more 'level'? Thanks
That was a big issue with the stock seat on the Panigale which was very slippery. I replaced it with a Race seat for that reason.
However I didn't feet the same on the stock seat of the M1200R. Perhaps because the M1200R was such an improvement over the Pani's stock seat.

The M1200R comfort seat will hold you in place more than the stocker because of more padding which also level's it out somewhat.
Yes it's more comfortable but not a huge improvement.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That was a big issue with the stock seat on the Panigale which was very slippery. I replaced it with a Race seat for that reason.
However I didn't feet the same on the stock seat of the M1200R. Perhaps because the M1200R was such an improvement over the Pani's stock seat.

The M1200R comfort seat will hold you in place more than the stocker because of more padding which also level's it out somewhat.
I installed a Corbin on mine to fix the sliding forward and add comfort. There is also a little more room to move around This was also the softest Corbin I have installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice bike!

I installed a Corbin on mine to fix the sliding forward and add comfort. There is also a little more room to move around This was also the softest Corbin I have installed.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I've been considering the Corbin for my bike, due to the same reasons listed above (why is the stock seat designed to slope you down into the tank?); however, I am concerned about the additional weight. The Corbin seems rather heavy, is that the case?

Optimally, I would love to find a solo/race seat for the 1200 ('15 S), but I have yet to find anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, the Corbin is heavy because of the seat base material they use but for the street and a bike with as much torque as the Monster, the comfort improvement is well worth the increase in weight. -T1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts