Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
The smell of unburnt fuel behind the bike. I realize this is only noticeable at idle, but I have not experienced popping from the exhaust during riding.
Mine didn't run any different with the Shift-tech than it did when stock.

Granted, Ducati didn't do something right with the airbox/vertical intake manifold and I had 60%+ leakdown on the vertical by 18k miles. Bike was rich and sooty but that probably was due to the quart of oil it was burning every 500 miles. :0

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine didn't run any different with the Shift-tech than it did when stock.

Granted, Ducati didn't do something right with the airbox/vertical intake manifold and I had 60%+ leakdown on the vertical by 18k miles. Bike was rich and sooty but that probably was due to the quart of oil it was burning every 500 miles. :0
So YOU got the prototype 2-stroke Monster!:devil

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can anyone who just changed the slip-on can (and did not remap) provide some input concerning driveability/engine noise/leaness/etc problems? I'm still thinking its not really necessary to remap the ECU with just a slip-on upgrade.
I just installed an SC Project Carbon Conic on the M1200R. Other than sound improvement, I can't really say the driveability is different. However, that could change as the weather warms up and the bikes start running leaner.

I would really like to get that embedded Termi map unlocked. Alternatively, I'm looking at adding a Booster Plug.

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-21.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just got this email back from ECU unleashed
" Our tech is requesting pictures of the ECU to confirm our calibration will be compatible with your unit. Please provide a picture of the ECU label as well as the plugs so we can see the pins".
I'm not around next week but will send them the pics and report back the outcome

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had a SC Project exhaust on my last bike (BMW K1300S) and the BMW tech told me that the ecu can make minor adjustments for a slip on. I did not have any backfiring/popping on deceleration and I felt mid range and top end power had a slight improvement. In the description for the exhaust it also states that "no added power unit is needed"

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've had a meeting with my Ducati tech. We discussed the SC Project and fuel maps in general. His opinion is that as long as you don't have any unsettling backfires, you shouldn't worry about fueling issues, especially with just a slip-on. He rides a Diavel with homologated Termis. I respect his judgment and will not do anything until further issues. I'll keep the booster Plug and the RapidBike devices on the back burner for now and see how the bike runs as we enter warmer weather.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just installed an SC Project Carbon Conic on the M1200R. Other than sound improvement, I can't really say the driveability is different. However, that could change as the weather warms up and the bikes start running leaner.

I would really like to get that embedded Termi map unlocked. Alternatively, I'm looking at adding a Booster Plug.

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-21.html

Yea I've been wondering if you can find the upmap USB sold separately from the termi cans

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yea I've been wondering if you can find the upmap USB sold separately from the termi cans
In the same conversation with my tech as discussed in the earlier post, an unlock key is unfortunately not available as a stand-alone sale as both Ducati and Temignoni wants to sell their products. Moreover, you cant use someone else's unlock key as it's proprietary to only one ECU number.

·
Registered
298 Posts
In the same conversation with my tech as discussed in the earlier post, an unlock key is unfortunately not available as a stand-alone sale as both Ducati and Temignoni wants to sell their products. Moreover, you cant use someone else's unlock key as it's proprietary to only one ECU number.

Interesting because I bought my pipes new from an Italian store off eBay wo the upmap. If they all come asa kit wonder if they sell the dongle separately

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Interesting because I bought my pipes new from an Italian store off eBay wo the upmap. If they all come asa kit wonder if they sell the dongle separately
The Monster 1200 map key part number is 96510091A

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same problem here. I have been looking all over for the UpMap key to be purchased seperately with no luck at all. I have a used Slip On Termignoni with me. Any help guys? The part number is correct 96510091A

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 115 Posts