Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially important for those using non-Termignoni After-Market exhaust systems.
Share what you know about it here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have always been told that just a exhaust "canister" upgrade/change does not require a re-map of the ECU, but a full exhaust does... Am I wrong?
You don't "have to" do anything. If you just replace the slip ons or both headers and slip ons and Your bike will still run. But don't be too upset when it has a horrible fuel/air ratio and all you hear is back firing and sputtering while the throttle is opening up and closing.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@Brianq103
Here are two companies that flash/ re-map ecu's
I couldn't find anything for the M1200 from these two companies either.
Notwithstanding, as @phantom menace and others mentioned on another thread, I'm questioning the dollar value/improvement for devices like RapidBike when just adding a slip-on as I have done.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did not realize that they did not flash the M1200. Sorry for the inacurate info. I emailed ecu unleashed two days ago to see if they offer a flash for the M1200. Will post back any updates

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you're going to keep the stock intake and exhaust I would go with one of the spoofers rather than the PC or add-on fueling module.
Less than $100 and with stock setup give about the same results.
Here's a link to FatDuc, not sure if they have one for your bike but it wouldn't hurt to check with them.
http://www.fatduc.com/compatibility.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can anyone who just changed the slip-on can (and did not remap) provide some input concerning driveability/engine noise/leaness/etc problems? I'm still thinking its not really necessary to remap the ECU with just a slip-on upgrade.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Generally speaking you can change either the intake or exhaust without "having" to change the ECU. BUT, a new bike will be very lean to begin with and any change to intake or exhaust will make it even leaner.
I would recommend at least a spoofer if you change to a slip-on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Generally speaking you can change either the intake or exhaust without "having" to change the ECU. BUT, a new bike will be very lean to begin with and any change to intake or exhaust will make it even leaner.
I would recommend at least a spoofer if you change to a slip-on.
Understand your recommendation, but I was reaching out to members who might be using the stock ECU with thier slip-ons to determine if there is any actual feedback. I don't know about your bike, but mine (2016 1200R) is rich from the factory, not lean at all...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Understand your recommendation, but I was reaching out to members who might be using the stock ECU with thier slip-ons to determine if there is any actual feedback. I don't know about your bike, but mine (2016 1200R) is rich from the factory, not lean at all...
Lucky.. I'm like Rice Krispies slowing down.. Snap, Crackle, Pop.. 300 miles new.. 1200

·
Registered
151 Posts
The smell of unburnt fuel behind the bike. I realize this is only noticeable at idle, but I have not experienced popping from the exhaust during riding.
that almost sounds like it's own concern. Have you looked at your plugs?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts