Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I plan to purchase a new 1200 R. But I have an issue regarding luggage. I plan to take a 2 week trip to the European Alps and WDW2016 this summer with my wife. The problem is that there are no luggage systems available for the new monster yet as far as I know.

If anyone have any proposals on how to solve this it would be highly appreciated.

With regards
Magnar Seljevoll

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been shopping for a luggage system as well. There are a few good options I have found and plan to try. Check out SW-Motech rack. It mounts off the rear of the bike and can hold a hardcase, looks like you could mount a set of side cases and then run a tank bag. I'm planning a few bigger trips myself and this is the best option I have found at this time.

Check out the available products: http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+motorbike+or+scooter/DUCATI/Monster+1200+-+S/index.htm

·
Registered
154 Posts
I installed the tank bag over the winter, havent had a chance to use it yet, but it seemed quaity during install, plus I wanted a bag that didnt mar the paint. Really want their side bags, way cheaper than the Duc bags and when removed, the remaining bracket is almost unnoticeable. -Need to save my pennies, too many home projects taking my fun money!

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is what I got ..... it attaches to the bike when you need and becomes a hand holder when taken off the bike ....
Is made by Ventura

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

hope this helps
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi, The 1200 R is different form the 1200/1200S in the tail section.
Therefore SW-Mothech for 1200/1200S does not fit. I hope they will create a system also for the 1200 R, but I do not know when and if this will happened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I got ..... it attaches to the bike when you need and becomes a hand holder when taken off the bike ....
Is made by Ventura

View attachment 188217

View attachment 188225

hope this helps
Cheers
Hi Bono61, This look nice. But this is a standard 1200. The 1200R is different in the tail section and this system will therefor not fit without modifications. Is the the Ventura system?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes .... is the ventura
check out their web .... they had this very soon after ducati came out with the 1200 .... maybe they already have one for you..
good luck and happy riding

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hepco-Becker via Moto Machine offers a C-bow system that has soft bags that can expand and when they are taken off the bike the hardware is unobtrusive. At least for the 1200 and 1200S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ducati Luggage Mounting pics?

Does anyone have pics of how the 1200 /S Ducati luggage system mounts to the bike, or pdf fitting instructions etc?

I think they look sweet, keep the weight down low.. very expensive tho. But Ive been told they do not fit the MonsterR... was wondering what is involved to make them fit.

Hepco & Becker seems a tidy solution, tho the brackets look fugly when luggage is removed.

Ive used Kriega stuff on a few bike trips.. only faff with it is opening it up and digging out everything to get whatever out.. which is usually tightly stuffed at the bottom of the bag!
.. the downside of a rolltop bag system.
Also on the MonsterR I found myself mounting the 30L bag sideways due to lack of seat space... if its inline the bag almost covers my brake light or hits your ass. Looks good on that Streetfighter tho that they used in their marketing shots.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hepco-Becker via Moto Machine offers a C-bow system that has soft bags that can expand and when they are taken off the bike the hardware is unobtrusive. At least for the 1200 and 1200S.
I'm quite sure Ducati never had two-up distance touring in mind when they released the Monster R model, which is why the Aftermarket isn't hurrying to develop luggage for it. Ducati would say "get a Multistrada" instead.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm quite sure Ducati never had two-up distance touring in mind when they released the Monster R model, which is why the Aftermarket isn't hurrying to develop luggage for it. Ducati would say "get a Multistrada" instead.
Cant do for two good reasons
1) my legs are too short
2) the multistrada is fugly (imho)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts