Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
According to Akrapovic when I contacted the UK person, there is NO slip on or Full System for the 1200R, although someone has posted on the fourm that the 1200 slip on will fit the 1200R.

·
Registered
694 Posts
although someone has posted on the fourm that the 1200 slip on will fit the 1200R.
The 2016 Monster (Base and "S") have different diameter pipes than the 2016 "R". However, I'm sure they're working on the 2017 Monsters which has the same plumbing as the 2016 "R" model.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Now thinking abought the full Akra system. I've had their slip on the bike for a year or so.
A full system is not cheap and will not add much in performance other than a bit of farkle. Moreover, it will also necessitate a RapidBike fuel controller.
IMHO, wouldn't you prefer spending that money on forged wheels? Just saying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
According to Akrapovic when I contacted the UK person, there is NO slip on or Full System for the 1200R, although someone has posted on the fourm that the 1200 slip on will fit the 1200R.
The 2016 Monster (Base and "S") have different diameter pipes than the 2016 "R". However, I'm sure they're working on the 2017 Monsters which has the same plumbing as the 2016 "R" model.

I am that person.

I have an Akrapovic 1200S slip on on my 2016 1200R. No issues, other than the mount point. Bone stock link pipe and all. We actually fitted my can onto a red R in the show room and then my black R at my house. I also have forged wheels.

I cut the mount point off the peg bracket and TIG welded it on to fit the 1200R can's hanger bracket. Now thinking to get rid of the flapper valve and don't have time to cut it out with a mill and weld a slug into it.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
@hairymeister
Well done, as I believed the diameter pipes were too different to match-up.
I also thought you owned an "S". I stand corrected. Hats off to you Sir!

·
Registered
100 Posts
@hairymeister
I had a 2014 S in white, sold it for a flat black Panigale. Then decided I still needed a monster and bought the 2016 black 1200R. I hate the factory exhaust on these things. Had an SC carbon fiber on the 2014. Really prefer Akra for everything, including my Z06/7.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am that person.

I have an Akrapovic 1200S slip on on my 2016 1200R. No issues, other than the mount point. Bone stock link pipe and all. We actually fitted my can onto a red R in the show room and then my black R at my house. I also have forged wheels.

I cut the mount point off the peg bracket and TIG welded it on to fit the 1200R can's hanger bracket. Now thinking to get rid of the flapper valve and don't have time to cut it out with a mill and weld a slug into it.
@hairymeister
This is quite interesting to know. I was led to believe the 1200R had a different diameter pipe than the <2016 1200/S, but it seems only the FULL Termi system has a larger diameter pipe. Now I'm curious, the reason I say that is because I have a 2017 1200S and wanted the Termi Slip-on without the cat. I was told I had to order the non-homologated 2016 1200R system because the 2017 1200S has the same exhaust as the 2016R, and again I was led to believe the 2017 had a larger diameter pipe than the 2016, otherwise the 2016 non-homologated would surely work, and therefore any other slip-on for the <2016 would fit the 2017, which I was told it would not...Guess I'm gonna head to the dealer with a set of vernier calipers and check.
Of course the other reason for a Termi is the warranty...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you flash the ECU or use some sort or fuel management device?
If not, can you tell us how the bike runs with just the SC-Project CR-T slip on.
LOVE the look of this exhaust. really want to get it for my 1200r
Talked to MotovationUSA and SC- Project and they recommended some sort of fuel management for their exhaust.
But like most people, i was under the impression, no ECU needed for just a slip on.

any input greatly appreciated!!
thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
But like most people, i was under the impression, no ECU needed for just a slip on.
It depends on the slip-on model.
Moreover, quality manufacturers will stipulate when a fuel controller is NOT required for a specific model.
SC Project has a few models which works without a fuel management unit. When non-stipulated, you should assume it requires one.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts