Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a sc project exhaust with a custom link pipe i made for it , while i ride it for like 2 minutes the exhaust backfires loudly and the engine shuts off with a error code. The bike runs perfectly with the stock exhaust. Anything i can do to make it work?

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 monster 1200s
11 Posts
Well, I would say it’s unrelated to the exhaust, as I have ran no pipe at all from the baffle back at times and have a 1200s, my bike is currently just a straight pipe with the baffle servo motor disconnected and it runs like a top! Thousands of miles this way and no re-tune of Ecu at all.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just says engine i can't select to see the error message
Yeah the 1200 dash is different...check the user manual...on mine I access this the same sub menu that I would reprogram the rider modes or set the clock

Was just looking at your manual...think I know what's wrong....next time it pops up...try changing engine modes...if it says close gas or something...you need a new throttle unit... very common and if you have let it go for quite some time it will eventually stop working all together...Giving it the beans aggressively should immediately give a fault to tryout...lemme know

And @BackfireD....your nuts... ...straight pipe! My neighbors would go nuts.......

·
Registered
2014 monster 1200s
11 Posts
note, I had my throttle control fail as mentioned above and the 1200 with a slip-on will backfire from time to time at the right rpm even with a tune but in the most satisfying sounding way! nothing to be alarmed about. rip that thing like ducati intended! 🤙🏻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts