Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I have a 2009 Monster 1100 that I have been working on. It had been sitting for awhile and I am bringing it back to life. Yesterday, after changing Timing belts,battery, Oil, Air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs. I was ready to fire it up. After priming the pump a few times, it finally cranked up. It kept cranking up with no hesitation after that. After running for a few minutes trying to warm up the oil for another oil change, it started smoking, immediately I shut it off and it kept smoking more and more. I was thinking it had caught fire or worse. Having just installed the fuel tank and fueling I was a bit worried. After digging the area where the smoke came from. I found the voltage regulator had smoked badly and melted part of the cowl that it attaches to ( I have attached some pictures). Now for the actual question. I this a common failure? what could have caused it? can I prevent it? is there an upgraded version of this regulator? I don't want this to happen again of course. Help! Thanks in advance

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts