Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody actually managed to take off their rear hugger without dropping/removing the rear wheel?

i just tried to remove mine this morning to clean chain lube and road grime from the swingarm, and it looks impossible to get an allen key in there between the tyre and the allen bolt attaching the hugger to the swingarm.

great design... the 696's is a doddle to take off and put back on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
has anybody actually managed to take off their rear hugger without dropping/removing the rear wheel?

i just tried to remove mine this morning to clean chain lube and road grime from the swingarm, and it looks impossible to get an allen key in there between the tyre and the allen bolt attaching the hugger to the swingarm.

great design... the 696's is a doddle to take off and put back on.
I just installed a carbon fiber rear hugger a couple days ago. I got drastic and cut the plastic one off with shears. Then I hand tightened the new part as far as a could. Then I took an old 3 mm Allen wrench and cut it short to give more clearance by the tire. Even with that, it was very difficult and I think I stripped the allen bolt at the end. It was a turn or two away from flush, so I suirted a little more loc-tite into the area and called it a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts