Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the bike - I love it. Its beautiful. I stop for a red light in SF and - screech *BANG* - the bike flies out from under me and falls to its right side. mostly cosmetic plus the rear brake pedal gone and front brake lever bent. Mom in a minivan with two kids in the back. They were nice and they were very concerned. The kids though tit was cool.

Point of the post is that the speedymoto clutch cover worked perfectly and prevented any damage to the clutch. Plus - just wanted vent about getting whacked by a minivan.

check out pictures on my blog at sirycars.blogspot.com (yeah yeah I now its a car blog but I'm into bikes too)

·
Registered
781 Posts
The kids thought hitting you was cool? Punch their ****ing Mom in the head. See how cool they think that is. ;)

Seriously, that sucks but it could have been worse. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Minivans are the DEVIL. Lee Iococa ought to be shat upon by a million pigeons for his work in this arena. Make her (insurance company) pay dearly.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think he might have meant the kids liked the bike. You can't blame Lee for peoples inability to operate a motorvehicle

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
kopfjager said:
I think he might have meant the kids liked the bike. You can't blame Lee for peoples inability to operate a motorvehicle
It's NMC but...
Have you never driven one of these spawn before? Floaty feeling, over torquey, automatic transmissions with captains chairs and 2 cupholders per seat. They were made for disassociating the driver from all the cares of the road and the screaming meemies in the back seats. My parents have had several of these beasts. I blame Lee every bit, and then some.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Dude, there are all types of vehicles that have have multiple cup holders, comfy, floaty etc., but they don't drive themselves.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
dude that sucks, I hate minivans, personally I think they should fill them all with diesel fuel and fertilizer and put them up on C130s and drop them out over afganistan or somewhere where they will be of more use. ;) I am glad to hear you are alright though and atleast the people stopped, my one and only accident was a hit and run.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Glad to hear that you came out w/o a scatch - too bady about your wheels though. But that can be fixed... I'll echo the sentiment that you should take it in to a shop for a going over (at her expense) to make sure nothing else got tweaked.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
That sucks man! I was hit from behind on my old BMW R/90. Slow speed but it was enough to knock me off the bike. Freaked me out a bit but the bike was fine.

And then about 2 years ago I was stopped in my little Integra and a minivan full of fat people hit me HARD from behind. $7K worth of damage to the car and a sore neck for a month. I was just glad I was in the cage that day.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Sorry to hear about getting hit. Any guess at how fast she was going when she smacked you? Glad you're OK and hope you get the bike back together soon. +1 on getting it checked out and +eleventy billion on the insurance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE: Monday mornign and my neck is killing me and upper back and left arm too. It's strange that it was delayed two days but I've heard other people say that. I'm trying to figure out what to do because I've always frowned on frivolous lawsuits but have dealt with neck problems my whole adult life and had finally gotten it pretty much in line after years of treatment. Anybody with experience out there on how to go about these matters?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Dude, take care of your health FIRST. Go to a hospital, have yourself checked out. Neck & back injuries can be tricky. You can worry about suing later. Then check with friends and family, someone must know a good injury lawyer. The whole thing will be dealt with lawyers and Ins. companies, and if you're hurt, can't work or whatever, there is nothing frivolous about it.

Hope everything works out fine for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts