Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I'm curious about something. Who else on here is crazy enough to make a list of mods they want to do to their bike? I typed up a list a couple months ago and I think it's getting a little out of control. I added it up and it's over $3k!! Does anyone else have this little affliction? I think I need to delete my list before it kills my bank account any further...

·
Registered
783 Posts
With christmas on the way and a new job which more that doubles my current income, I've got the same list already started. I'm only at about $1K. You not alone. Hi, I'm Jason and I'm a Ducatahiloc.

G

·
I've got a couple list's started the one for my truck has been put on the back burner for awhile. Priorities you see the Duc comes first. By the time I'm done it'll be at least $4K. Just can't help seem to get enough of this. You Gotta Love It!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
my friend cory and I added up all the money I have spent on my ducati since february and i think it was at 2600. All this and my wish list just got really big. I think my wish list is about 2700. This is going to be rough, and really really really fun, times!
-Patrick

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I had a list, got $6k of it completed ;D before the wife and some friends had an "intervention" :'(. I'm not allowed to have a list anymore :'(. If I save up for it :-/, then I can have it :), no money out of current funds :-X. The problem I have now is that I start saving for one thing and then I see something else that's less expensive :), and buy it. I have to work on my self control, or get a job that pays alot more ;D.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Don't you all think that Motowheels and the other guys should team up with Amazon so we can all put our mods on a Wishlist our relatives might actually find?

How cool would it be if your mother in law got you a new pair of bar end mirrors instead of a dorky sweater? ;D

A guy can dream can't he?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew I wasn't the only Duc-Mod-Aholic out there... ;)

G

·
its called ducati-disease!!!! we all have it and there is no known cure. after five ducs and test rides on other makes japanese, german, nothing rides quite like these bikes. the first step is admitting you have a problem. ha ha ha!!!!!

G

·
Yeah I second the Amazon tie in. My Better Half rolled her eyes when she saw the Haynes Ducati manual listed in my wish list for Xmas.

My list keeps getting longer instead of shorter, think I need a second job.

G

·
Yeah if I could do it all over again I would find a woman that wanted to register for wedding gifts at Motostrano, Ca-Cycleworks, Spareshack etc....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think the BIGGEST problem is buying a bunch of little crap for you bike, when you COULD live without them. Instead save those $30 and $50 purchases and before you know it...BAMMO..FEbur single sided swingarm kit is in the mail.

Here's an idea. Setup a seperate checking account. Then when you geet a raise or anything funnel that money into that account via the miracle of Direct Deposit. Woman wont know.......DONE!

:-D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
We all have lists... some written, some in our heads... and for once mine has more on the completed side than on the todo side. Time and money, time and money....

G

·
i actually had a wishlist for my s4 on my site for a while. as i developped it, it seemed rather preposterous. ha! well as time went on, i very rapidly started knocking off items after item though a rash spending spree at motowheels, yoyodyne, spareshack and a couple other vendors. well i since took the wishlist off my site lest my wife notice all the goodies i've blown $$ on!!!

mag rims? check!
light rotors? check!
light flywheel? check!
light clutch? check!
radial m/c's? check!
ohlins shock? check!
the list goes on... the only stuff really left are a new singarm (maybe a tubular braced unit) and a 955 kit. yousers!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
A List? A List?

H*ll, I had a list BEFORE I bought the bike!

I started on it right away. There are still things on the list I haven't done, but other things are off the list because as I've ridden the bike I've developed my own ideas of what it needs whereas the original list was generated by looking at bikes 'n' catalogs and reading the DML. For example, an after market seat is no longer needed. I like the stocker. However, a quality re-cover is now on the list!

FCRs and Dynacoils. Mmmmmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I bought a Cromo thinking it would be cool and different enough, add $3K in exhaust, EMC, Evo, clipons, rearsets, carbon, CNC bits.. I am now working on suspension($2k), maybe wheels ($2k) then start with the engine internals ($2-3K).

I will most likely stop with the suspension. Famous last words.
Since the Duc, my other bikes sit neglected.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts