·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now modding the modded parts....how pathetic

Out; DP CF Clutch Cover... In; Billet Vented Clutch Cover

Out; Billet Oil Cap...In; DML Temp Cap

Out; Bucci Rear Floating Rotor...In; BrakeTech Floater

Out; Goodridge Hydraulic Plumbing...In; Fren Tubo Kevlar Plumbing

As a side pathology I have gone back to stock on the Belt covers, front fender etc....this is getting way out of control. I need a plan

Time for a sale before I die of internal bleeding due to injuries resulting from sharp edges of cut-up credit cards being invasively placed by enraged spouse.

Stay tuned for Parts listing in for sale section. :-/

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whatch them credit card cuts,take a long time to heal.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm right there with you dude...
i've swapped front fenders about 4 times
rear huggers 3 times
clutch covers twice
sprocket covers 4 times
sprockets 4 times (different gearing different pitches)
swapped shocks twice
played twice with the ECU and now running PCIII

let's not get into how many exhaust changes my bike's seen!

and the "worst" is yet to come. "phaseIII" -> m998s4...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"advanced stages"... i just realized what a glaring symptom of this is... justifying the purchase of a 998 motor to your wife because of the extended service intervals. never mind the additional 23 horses...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sigificant others:
I am not sure, but I have my suspicions that 'they' know a line of BS, but somehow reward the story if it is good enough.
After all I am pretty sure they know it's an addiction, and that every word out of one's mouth is simply a junkie talking. Now why would they
believe that? Extended service intervals, indeed. That's one for the grand kids. There should be a secret list of these things somewhere we could borrow from to justify our warped sense of needs, but one must certainly pay homage to anyone who let's us dream like kids, it's a beautiful thing really. ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't felt this young in years. The wife doesn't understand my fixation with the bike, or this board for that matter, but women seldom understand the mind of man. If she knew what I've spent on aftermarket goodies, she'd understand less!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
email me about the Bucci rear rotor.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Hi, My name is "Bill" and I'm addicted to modifying my Ducati's...

I make mod's to mod's, that I made the night before. I've been spending way to much time searching the web for just the right piece of carbon fiber or polished aluminum.

...But I'm not sure I want to stop or if I could. :-/

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"advanced stages"... i just realized what a glaring symptom of this is... justifying the purchase of a 998 motor to your wife because of the extended service intervals. never mind the additional 23 horses...

Yeah but remember Strat...your a peddler and a user...selling the Pipe Mod stuff to keep your habit going...:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah but remember Strat...your a peddler and a user...selling the Pipe Mod stuff to keep your habit going...:)
i know i know... i'm the worst kind. encouraging others to buy into my affliction...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Count me in as well... tank and swingarm going to the chromer, 998 superbike forks waiting for the cycle cat risers and triple, ohlins rear shock sitting in a box in the garage, etc, etc.

And it all started with a Strati Pipe Mod....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts