Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have had a S2R 800 for a few months. Although
I love this bike, I feel it's a little underpowered. So, I cored the cans, changed the sprocket to a 14 tooth and thats about it.

I am just left wanting more oomph in certain situations. This is not my first bike and have had a couple Suzuki 750s before this(GSXR and Katana). I am not look for gixxer power FYI.

So how much more can I throw at it for more power? Maybe I should just trade it for a S4R(s)?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There are big bore kits for the 800 (859) check ca-cycleworks.com but if you want the big power the S4Rs should do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep... I think I am going to sell this S2R. I like to scare myself a little... >:D

A shop up the road has a Speed Triple and an 02 S4...

I did the 2 mods and thought the sprocket would give a great boost but it isnt enough.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have gave this much thought myself. My bike was paid for ever since I drove it off the lot. With that said I just couldn't bring myself to loose 2-3k + the additional 3k cost of the larger bike. With all that in mind, I can PIMP the hell out of my 800 for 3k. For costum pistons, pcIII, etc etc thats only like 1.5k. witch should crank out 95hp to the wheel. (give or take a few of coarse)
The best part is Its is still 4k cheaper. And you know you will do the same mods to the 1000. lol it's a sickness

Here is a solution, STRAP A ACME ROCKET TO YOUR A$$ CHEEKS! meep meeep!

I am going to keep my 800.

Lung

ps check with your dealer, ask about the cost difference on servivces. 2 valve vs 4 valve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LuNg said:
I have gave this much thought myself. My bike was paid for ever since I drove it off the lot. With that said I just couldn't bring myself to loose 2-3k + the additional 3k cost of the larger bike. With all that in mind, I can PIMP the hell out of my 800 for 3k. For costum pistons, pcIII, etc etc thats only like 1.5k. witch should crank out 95hp to the wheel. (give or take a few of coarse)
The best part is Its is still 4k cheaper. And you know you will do the same mods to the 1000. lol it's a sickness

Here is a solution, STRAP A ACME ROCKET TO YOUR A$$ CHEEKS! meep meeep!

I am going to keep my 800.

Lung

ps check with your dealer, ask about the cost difference on servivces. 2 valve vs 4 valve.
yep. Mine is paid for but I bought it used w/ 2500 miles on it... So the depreciation factor is gone.

I am looking at it from a standpoint of - upgrade to a bigger bike now or throw $$ at it and equal a 1000.

I remember back when I had a 5.0 mustang there were guys throwing all sorts of stuff on their v6 cars and still couldnt touch me.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
My buddy Mike has a completely pimped out S2R (Ohlins shock, steering damper, springs, full exhaust, etc) that can keep up with all but the quickest KFGs (Known Fast Guys) on our local backroads. After taking a spin on his buddy's latest R6 though, he is thinking of going Japanese.

I say do what feels "right" whatever that may be to you. If you'll be happier with a bigger motor Monster, then so be it. It's your hard earned dollars going into the bike... ya might as well be fully satisfied.

That being said, Mike's S2R is still one of the coolest machines to roll up for our Sunday rides... the R6, well... is just another R6. :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Rick T. said:
My buddy Mike has a completely pimped out S2R (Ohlins shock, steering damper, springs, full exhaust, etc) that can keep up with all but the quickest KFGs (Known Fast Guys) on our local backroads. After taking a spin on his buddy's latest R6 though, he is thinking of going Japanese.

I say do what feels "right" whatever that may be to you. If you'll be happier with a bigger motor Monster, then so be it. It's your hard earned dollars going into the bike... ya might as well be fully satisfied.

That being said, Mike's S2R is still one of the coolest machines to roll up for our Sunday rides... the R6, well... is just another R6. :)
WELL said.....
MM

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the flywheel mod myself. Seems to be one of the best bangs for the buck mod out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts