Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my dream bike! PICS ADDED

2000 M900 matt black finish. Pictures coming soon.

It came with plenty of carbon, clip ons (which I changed out...to hard on meh back :p), and an electronic fuel optimizer....and carbon aftermarket exhaust ....vrooommmm!

only 7001 miles...and got the 6000 mile check.

only issues I have found now that I put 1000 miles on it is..

1.needs new front tire (needed that when I got it)
2.seems a little jerky in first and second..? spark plug issue or gearing maybe?
3. and oil weeping between the plastic part and nut on the oil pressure sensor?...think i need a new one?

anyway I will not bore you any more ...new to riding and ducati anyadvice is great.

O and I am in the Indianapolis area...so no close dealers :'(

G

·
Re: Ello new member here

Cool Mang!

As for your issues:

1. of course get a new one ASAP
2. go up 2 or 3 teeth in the back or down 1 in front
3. mine leeked too. See if you can track down a new one of those yellow rubber gaskety type thingies

Welcome to the DML.

:angel: duc

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The leak is not from the place where you put more oil in...(the little plastic cap) its from the pice just to the left and above it that has the electronic cable coming out of it...I can unscrew the piece out, but I cant take that plastic black part of the metal nut. It does not seem to want to come off. And it seems to weep right where the plastic meets the metal..

That might be what you were already talking about. I suppose a pic would help. but thanks for your response.

G

·

FlatBlack900 said:
The leak is not from the place where you put more oil in...(the little plastic cap) its from the pice just to the left and above it that has the electronic cable coming out of it...I can unscrew the piece out, but I cant take that plastic black part of the metal nut. It does not seem to want to come off. And it seems to weep right where the plastic meets the metal..

That might be what you were already talking about. I suppose a pic would help. but thanks for your response.

Where mine was leaking from was where the sensor cable actually went into the sensor. There is a little gasket that both holds the wire in place and prevents (or should prevent) oil from coming out of the top of the unit. If the leak is where the sensor meets the engine case there is probably some goop you can buy to seal it up. I would post your problem in the tech section. There are some friggin' geniuses over there I tells ya'.

Cheers.

:angel: duc

·
Registered
4,897 Posts

FlatBlack900 said:

sounds like you'll need a new one to resolve the leak, no biggie, the plastic part should not come apart from the metal part as you're describing it

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

ditto

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

Welcome, and let me be the first to say......

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!! [laugh] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

Great looking ride. That neighborhood looks just like the one I used to live in up in Florissant, Missouri. One of those houses in the background looks almost like my old house. You're not in Fox Lake, are you????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

DucSeason said:
Great looking ride. That neighborhood looks just like the one I used to live in up in Florissant, Missouri. One of those houses in the background looks almost like my old house. You're not in Fox Lake, are you????

Nope...bout 20 min north of Indianapolis

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: Ello new member here PICS ADDED

Nice bike [thumbsup] I am trying to find lettering like that trimmed in red

·
Premium Member
195 Posts

Nice bike! and welcome to the DML. [thumbsup]
Good luck with the repairs and post some feedback when you're done with them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

now that we have pics......

where's the beer and steak??? ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts

-Welcome FlatBlack...there is a Duc dealer in Decatur, Illinois, btw. Not exactly close-I would say two and a half to three hours away from you-but it may be worth looking into.
There may also be a dealer in Columbus, Oh., but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I found one in Cincinatti OH 119 miles from me...that seems to be the closest...
But thx...

After my new front tire what mods do you guys recomend?
New to bikes and Monsters...

Not sure where to go...Maybe a clutch cover or something?
Or new levers maybe (clutch and brake)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts