Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo yo...

ok. so i've contacted Ron about this, but basically, the mocha website is being hosted for free (at least i presume...) and really limits what we can do with it (read ftp access / can't login) ...

altho, i could be wrong, considering its later friday night and i've been hitting the sauce, but i think it may be time to switch the mocha website stuff somewhere else...

anybody know any other free web hosting places that aren't sh!te ?? if people we're willing to pop for it, i know a place where its like a hondo a year or so to host a website...i've used them before with no problems (www.powweb.com) and i'm sure it's even cheaper nowadays elsewhere...

a hondo divided by mocha members is like 10 bucks or so :p

suggestions???

·
0 Posts
Exactly right.
We didn't get much turn out on the t-shirts but I haven't forgotten, I'm just recouping from new house expenses and the ring. I'm still gonna order them I'm just stacking a little chedda!
We all should contribute. I looked at the other mnster club sites and they got a good thing set up. We're still in the growth process so guys please support.

R.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you want to be a club, and one that goes well, you need to setup meetings of some sort, at some location that you can talk to the members, you need to give them a reason to pay for your club, so you need to get some structure, people need to be able to count on the same time and place for a meeting so they can come, and a location thats easy
IE
First wedensday od every month at what ever location you decide

Now why,?
well, why am i going to give you 10/20/30 or what ever money?? what am i getting, whats the web site for, what can we do with it, what do members get out of it??

I know this sounds like a pain, and i know it may seem to rigid, but once the site is up for a year, what then, how do you keep the site going the next year, how do you attract sponsors, who gives discounts to club members in the area???

Just some things to think about, maybe even consider forming a more regimented club
Later
Roger

·
0 Posts
Good point Roger.
Today we met at Piece. Had to scope out the place and
S-Dog came through on this one. Every Saturday at 1 pm at Piece, MOCHA's new hangout. We tried Hooter's but many didn't show, maybe 'casue we were out of season and some cats got the blues. However, this now; new season, more riders, more structure.

R.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent point dude.

yeah. structure it up! w00t!

and yeah, piece is a cool place to meetup...i'd be down for saturdays at 1 fo shizzle...

as far as the website, it could be both a handy tool, as well as just a repository for pics of rides and such ( i see it being more the latter ;) )

but it mos def is an easy / cheap way to represent, and i'd be willing to maintain the site (and thats usually half the battle)

btw, suggestions for what content would be on the site would be handy!

·
0 Posts
Here's a few points:
Pics are a definite including a group photo.
A nice speech about unity amongst Monsters, Ducati's, and other exotic bikes (I can write something up)
A mods section would be nice also.
We can add Ducati's latest updates as I receive them from Italy via email.
Just a few; mre to come.

R.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good start guys, but i am going to take devils advocate, just so you can see how it may go or just what can come up, so here goes:

Whats Piece??
What time??
What day of the week/time of the month??
What are you going to talk about???
where are we riding to??
Who is in charge of the ride???
What happens if my bike breakes down, will you guy leave??
Are all bike welcome, if not which bikes are not welcome, what happens if i have to bike, can i ride either???
How long are the rides???
Whats the Ponit of Mocha???
Whos IS IN CHARGE?
Blah, Blah, Blah...?>??????

All of these are real questions, all have been ask at one point in time, So why dont you try this, how about find a location with a party room, that can be borrowed, at a bar(so i can have a beer) and we could go over all the questions, and maybe answers with everyone that would like to be part of the group, we could ride before or after, but again these are things you should think about.
The one good thing about Harley and HOG, is they put on great training setions, and i have been to 2 sets so far, and they really help you grasp how to put together a club, what is asked and what happens if things go wrong, remeber its all about having fun
Again give it some thought and we can talk about it more, but i think first thing is first, where are we meeting, when are we meeting and waht are we going to talk about

Later
Roger

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is my take fellas:

I love meeting up for rides. I really enjoy the sitting and chatting and looking at each other's bikes and actually riding.

The most important thing to me is that we can meet on a regular basis (at least once a week). I also think communicating like this is great. My one concern is to keep away from turning this into a job. It was stated that this should be fun. I agree. However, the list of things mentioned sounds like a whole lot of headaches and work to me. I think we need to have fun but not get carried away with too many rules and become too regimented. It kinda takes the spark out of things.

I've ridden with many friends who've owned exotic bikes and I've never had that many rules. We have always enjoyed ourselves and met regularly and ridden regularly. It was great because it was just chill. I think the idea of purchasing things as a group is great. I also think that helping each other is important too but let's not get carried away. I really don't want to end up taking "minutes" at each meeting eventually.

Not interested in offending anyone but I think we just need to keep this pretty light and easy. I work during the day and am not all that interested in rules and work when it comes to anything related to my bikes.

Just want some friends, some rides, to give and get some advice, and some great bikes to gawk at.

Later fellas.

S-Dog

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
And while piece is a great spot to meet, I think we should look for a more northernly location or have two spots and alternate. We have people from Grayslake to Westmond to Chicago. I really think we should look for something a little farther north or west as we typically ride north or west. Being that I live five minutes from Piece I don't mind one bit people riding south to then turn around and head north. I also think we should move the time from say 1 to 11 or maybe even 10 if we've got some kind of structured rides.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yo yo yo...

yeah, i agree...not terribly regiment...

but i think the overall goal is to just get a little more structure (like a solid meeting time) to get some more people out on a regular basis (i could be completely wrong of course ;) )...

like say, we did the saturdays at 1 at piece ... this way, mocha peeps could count on there always being a ride, and if they can make it cool, if not, next week! like it makes busy schedules (mine is awful :( ) easier because i can always 'penci-in' saturdays as mocha day :)

as far as dues, i dont think they're terribly necessary as i dont foresee any 'mocha operating costs' ... but yeah, say we all wanted t-shirts, take a tally, if you want one speak up, if not; cool ... either way...

lots of things to consider, and great points...but for now, its 80 out and im gonna go riding!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I agree with S4 I am out in Hanover Park ask Ruben He has been out by me. I will also agree with S-Dog that rules are fine but not too many, I work 2 jobs and I got toooooo many rules at both places and while I have not been out as of late I have been workin too much thats why. So let me know where and when and give me direction I'll be there work permitting.

·
0 Posts
Peace.

Everyone has valued points.
The purpose of creating MOCHA was so that guys who had similar bikes could ride together, share stories and advice, group buy if we had similar things of interest, and gawk at eachothers bikes. Some of us have become friends through our common interest in bikes. Riding is a stress relief, not a stressor. Them Harley cats or other bike groups can do whatever it is they do; best of luck to 'em.
We have a meeting place in the city called Piece thanks to S-Dog. We used to meet at Old Orchard. Nothing is in stone. MOCHA mean Monster Owners Of the Chicago AREA. We can meet anywhere you guys want.
In understanding structure, as far as I'm concerned every person on this board is equal. There guys working on the website, guys drawing emblems, and guys finding places to ride. No appointed people, just people who broadcast ideas.
No need to get caught up in the subconscious emotional bullshyte. Ain't no boys here; we're all men. I just wanna ride, talk shyte, and swallow spit.
Allow me to leave in the way that I greet and say peace.

R.

·
0 Posts
I forgot to answer some questions.

Whats Piece??: A nice place to get your drink, greet, and get your eat on.
What time??: Around 1 PM
What day of the week/time of the month??: Every Sat but I'll meet you anytime you wanna ride.
What are you going to talk about?: What ever comes out your mouth.
where are we riding to??: Something good to come out your mouth (see previous question).
Who is in charge of the ride?: Whoever knows where we're going.
What happens if my bike breakes down, will you guy leave??: If you want us to, but most guys (like myself) have good hearts and won't abandon you dude!
Are all bikes welcome, if not which bikes are not welcome, what happens if i have 2 bike, can i ride either? Ride whatever you want dude. Let me ride one, you got more than two!
How long are the rides?: Until you get tired; depends on your schedule though.
Whats the Point of Mocha?: Ron said it best on our website
"..Bringing together not only Monster riders, but Ducati Fans in Chicago."
Whos IS IN CHARGE?: God.
Blah, Blah, Blah...?>: YEAAAAAAAAAAAH! Shorty got down low and said come and get meeee! YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHH!

I still love you Roger! :-*

R.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Amen Brother Ruben! I didn't want to be the one starting any trouble, but you said exactly what I felt. This is just a group to ride with and share a love of our bikes with fellow owners who feel the same. The last thing I thought this would become is some kind of military style group. While all the suggestions are valid, (because there are no bad ideas, just different oponions) I think simplicity is what makes us what we are. I like the option of changing the meeting place at a moments notice to make it easier on those attending. I mean, if all of us suburb guys were gonna meet up, why ride all the way to the city. Unfortuantely for me, getting that far away is a little hard, but I'm not complaining. There is no "rule" that states every member must attend every meeting. If and when I get the chance, I'll make the trek to Peice's and if for chance the meeting spot is moved closer one week, I'll try a bit harder. As far as donating a couple bucks to help put together a web page, I don't expect anything in return for it. I'd gladly hand over $10 to my friends so they can put together a web page that will feature things we've been doing. Even if I'm not attending, I can still see what everyone is up to. Regardless of rules, meetings or whatever, there is still something that brought us together and keeps us together, and this sums it all up.....

And that's the bottom line.....cuz RedDuke said so!

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
the web host is jacked up, i can't access it anymore so looks like we'll have to register a domain.

as for the group, just post where y'all will be and i'll try to meet up. riding rules get set once we see how big the group is. obviously the more people, the stricter the rules should be.

rock!

·
0 Posts
I think Frank, Sherdlyn, Jeff, and I rode well together this weekend. It was a natural blend.I just kept my eye on everyone and their style, so it was cool. Jeff still needs to get used to his bike though. We took him up Sheridan so he's been exposed. Hey Ron, how are those twisties you and Thai (Am I spelling that right?) ride on in Wisconsin? Have you ever ridden on those backroads where that dude has a pyramid for a house? they look nice and desolate. We outta try it sometime.

R.

·
Registered
133 Posts
First off, NOBODY is offending me, or is being a jerk, i would rather hear everyones ideas, instead of holding back and than getting madder and madder as the days go by, and while most seem to think there is a need for less rules that sounds fine, however i would like to adress a few things i would like to see at least considered, again comments are welcome, better to err on the side of caution sometimes so here goes:

Who will be caring a med/first aid kit on each ride, i think there should be one incase, and am happy to bring one, but i think there needs to be at least one in any group if something bad were to happen

Who is in charge of calling for help, yes it happens everyone has a cell phone, but, is so concerned for the fallen rider that everyone forgets to call for help

Who runs sweep, or at the back of the pack, if you loose someone it is there responsobility to make shure the group stays together or at least stay with the problem bike/rider

Meetings every sat, will ensure that everyone should be able to make at least one ride a month, but if you designate a specific sat as the day everyone should try to make it, maybe on that one day you will have a bigger turn out, and more people participating on that day, some times in our busy lives its better to be able to plan for one day each month to go out and ride than plan for every Sat, than have to cancell

i think thats all i feel is important, more common sence, but people forget, other rules will follow, as the group gets bigger and you find new/different people enter and leave the group
let me know what you think, if its to many rules, or any of them dont apply, just let me know

Oh and Ruben, while you may not like the Harley Group's out there, and there structure and rules, they have over 850,000 members, give millions to charity, and can put on a good ride/show, dont knock what you have not participated in, and dont feel bad, i love you to, and now that Baseball/softball/track is over looks like i am free to spend some seat time on the bike

Some rides to consider:

http://www.chicagomotorcycleguide.com/EVENTS.HTM

Later boys
Roger

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
hell yeah, actually his name is spelled "Ty". i get a chuckle when you spell it "Thai" though, kickboxer style!

sheridan is good. the roads up in assconsin are really good for all types of riders: there are a lot of blind corners though so you gotta make sure to stay in your lane and to look ahead.

there's also a real good road which is perfect to open your machine wide open. it's a rush.

ty lives right near the pyramid house, but we like to stay out of that area cause there's too much traffic.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts