Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Spconnect is 100% milled aluminum which I prefer. They sell a very strong stick on mounting point that fits on any device. I trust it totally and have 3k miles on mine with no slippage at all
Not the case or the stick on right? just the arm is aluminum??
The Quadlock has a stick on option too, I didn't like it.

I am sure both are good.
There are many great options.

Rex

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not the case or the stick on right? just the arm is aluminum??
The Quadlock has a stick on option too, I didn't like it.

I am sure both are good.
There are many great options.

Rex
Just the arm is aluminum. The stick on method is extremely solid and low profile, as well as stable

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah the stick on for the Quadlock was good too. I just couldnt see using it over their regular case. since they are stick on... they both need to stick out and leave a small bump. Plus it would cover the design that you bought the case for.

Either way, we are both happy.
What mattered most to me was to find a way to work around the damper.
My next move is a GoPro mount. Maybe.

Rex

·
Registered
258 Posts
I stick my phone in the top case in case I actually need it. Yes, I'm hopelessly outdated.
But what are you all using the phone for anyway?
GPS? Music?
Phone calls while riding? No way in hell I am doing that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Music =YES!
Google maps is best for navigation.
Offline Google Maps for when you have no cell signal but still (Nearly always) get GPS
Waze for police alerts, and stopped cars, debri's etc.

I generally have Maps running a route (If I am following one) This is the screen I can see plus I can hear it.
Waze in the background. I can still hear police alerts
Music always because Zeppelin...

I can also run waze and Maps either in an overlay or split screen if needed.
I could answer the phone or texts via voice... but In never do.

I live in North GA. It is just awesome for motorcycling... so I often plan new routes and then go out and ride them whenI am not just winging it.

Rex

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm using this on both my bikes: Shop Ride

I was on a Ducati parade ride at the MotoGP race one year and watched a guy's phone fly off with the ram mount setup. That's why I went to this method.
I actually purchased a Quadlock handlebar mount for the phone for the Multistrada last night. I needed a solution where I have both the GPS and the phone visible. Until I receive the new mount, I'm using a bulky Ram-Mount claw with an X cradle. I want a slick mount to match my GPS bracket.
As for the Monster, the Ram-Mount GPS solution is fine.
IMG_20161017_170903.jpg 20190520_194323-c.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the first pic a monster? how is that GPS mount mounted? I was not sure you could do ANY bar mount and clear the steering Damper. Let me know what you find out.

Rex

·
Registered
700 Posts
Is the first pic a monster? how is that GPS mount mounted? I was not sure you could do ANY bar mount and clear the steering Damper. Let me know what you find out.
Rex
Yes. it's a Monster 1200R. After many attempts, this mounting was the best solution.
For a full descritions with photos, see post #8 here:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very slick. Thank you I have saved the Ram link just in case for the future If/when I need to mount something else.
Right now my set up rocks. From the seat one is right above the other.

Rex

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like that Angel - do you know a part number or have a link to this one? Seems there are several SP connect versions and this one is so simple and clean... Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's called SP Connect Clutch Mount

It comes with an M6 screw that is perfect once you cut about 1 cm from the mount.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts