Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I’m wondering what are ppl doing in regard to mounts and where are you placing them. Pics and links appreciated.
As having the Ohlins SD doesn’t help me with location of mounts for an iPhone. TIA

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used the center bolt on the SD with red locktite on the screw as it was when assembled at the factory.

I used a SP connect bar clamp mount with their battery charger. It’s designed for an M8 bolt so the clutch mount would be better as it uses an M6. I used a fiber washer with a longer 45mm M6 bolt from the hardware store.

I used the techmate USB charger connected to the DDA to SAE adapter that came with the Ducati battery tender also made by techmate. I routed this under the tank along the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quad lock is the way to go. I have it next to my left hand controls. The phone visually covers the top of the control but you can still access the switches with no issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the Quad Lock!

Agree - I have the Quadlock located in about the same place - mounted to handle bar next to left controls. And I love it! It’s a small mount that is unobtrusive and barely noticeable when I don’t have my phone attached and the case for the phone itself is quite nice as well.

Another thing I like is that with the Quadlock I can rotate my iPhone (XS) horizontally (best imo) or vertically - does not interfere or touch the tank or my ohlins steering damper - so full uninhibited range of motion and I can see and operate all controls with no interference whatsoever. It’s secure - never vibrates, no play, and I’ve never had the phone pre-release or come off unexpectedly.

I think its one of, if not the best, all around phone mount I’ve seen to date.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I had clip-ons on my bike, which freed up the perfect spot for a quadlock that I mounted with a printed bracket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts