looking good, really [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
That's what I'm talkin' about!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
actually, some people say ST3 is more rideable 'cause of power curve, ST4 has ...well, sport bike characteristics, so you need to rev it more, but thats all personal preferences ;)

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah when i finally purchase, part of the search criteria will be furthest seller ;)

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nov issue of TWO mag has a review w/ ducati's st3s blowing the doors off yamaha, honda, and guzzis touring pkgs...

of course thumb driven, clutchless\auto fjr1300 doesnt seem to be to much competition

you x-country kids may want to pick it up the issue for a good read [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
bighoss said:
nov issue of TWO mag has a review w/ ducati's st3s blowing the doors off yamaha, honda, and guzzis touring pkgs...

of course thumb driven, clutchless\auto fjr1300 doesnt seem to be to much competition

you x-country kids may want to pick it up the issue for a good read [thumbsup]
..what magazine?,
i heard good things on honda ST 1300, strong , simple , very straight forward machine ::)

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
BIKE's October issue rated the BMW R1200RT as top "heavy tourer", beating out the K1200, Honda PanEuropean and Kawasaki...Ducati wasn't in the mix. I love BIKE, but I don't think they like Ducati.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
greg mo said:
..what magazine?,
i heard good things on honda ST 1300, strong , simple , very straight forward machine ::)
TWO magazine http://www.two.tv/

the honda appeared to come in second. it wasnt a shoot out just overall satisfactory

OT said:
BIKE's October issue rated the BMW R1200RT as top "heavy tourer", beating out the K1200, Honda PanEuropean and Kawasaki...Ducati wasn't in the mix. I love BIKE, but I don't think they like Ducati.
hmm wonder how the ducs would have stacked up [thumbsup]

the article was about finding the best sport tourer, with emphasis on sport.... TWO tends to lean more towards the sport/naked crowd. they are fond of ducs but do a good job of not leaning to hard one way.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
BIKE's a good read, I love the mag. I also enjoy TWO, but find their content erratic at times (I'm weird)...

They rate the 999 as top sportbike, but one of their editors (who's recuperating from a bad crash this past summer) has routinely given Ducs average ratings.

For example, the ST3 was his longterm bike from 2004 into 2005 and he always praised its long haul ability - rode it all over England and Scotland. Yet, he eventually rated it 3 out of 5 stars and picked on things like surface corrosion on fasteners (aluminum) and being down on power compared to some other bikes, like the Sprint (as if 100 hp isn't enough). Oh yeah, he also crashed it during one of their spec tests - it was the 100mph-to-stop time/distance test - laid him and the bike up for a few months.

He also rode a MTS620 on the Centopassi this summer, said he love the handling, etc., and then griped that it could only do 110mph (he's 6' 5" and probably 220 lbs) and gave it an average rating...sheesh.

The guy's been down hard twice in two years and still finds time (and the chutzpah) to write 'how to ride well' articles [cheeky]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.