Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealership has a deal where for $995 USD you get 3 years regularly scheduled maint. on a new bike you buy from them. After doing the math on what the 6k and 12k services cost + regular oil changes, I determined that if I rode a minimum of 12000 miles I'd save money. So I did it. Well, I picked up the bike after having the sidestand replaced (someone hit it in a parking lot) and they were supposed to have done the 600mi service at the same time. When I picked it up I got the invoice for the service plan, and the sidestand replacement, but no 600 mile service. Today I asked them for the invoice for my records to prove that it had been done, and it wasn't in the computer. The service manager was out but he's going to call me back after he gets back. Anyway, I'm annoyed at best.

I now have 1100 miles on the bike, and I've had a few full throttle runs, and taken it up to redline a few times. I haven't ridden the bejeezus out of it, but I've had some fun, a handful of times. Anyway, if in fact the service wasn't done how could I know? By the time I checked the oil in the sight glass I had 900 miles, which would have been 300 miles on the oil, and it was dark, but I figured after 300 miles it wouldn't look cherry new. If they say it was done, is there any way of getting a second opinion from another shop? Some way to tell? I could get it to Atlanta and have the Duc dealer there check it out, but that's kinda a PITA, and I didn't know if there was even any way to know. Best case I say look, it wasn't in the computer, how 'bout you do it again just to make me happy and that way we know it was done, and they do it. Ugh why can't people be more responsible?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
This service is basically an oil change and a once over for the bike anyway. So yeah have them do it again. It isn't like they have to do the valves. I don't think there is anyway to tell for sure, but I suppose you could examine the oil and screen for particulate. The first service usually has all the nasties that come from the engine break in. But it would be really hard to quantify that as proof.

If they have no record of it then they haven't done it. Get them to do it (again?) and then really go out and flog that thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts