Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt it :) Only was gone for 2 weeks. I have to say very disappointed in the Italians, only saw one monster in the few days I was in Italy and sadly he was having problems getting it started :'(
Really as far as I could tell, they ride more BMW's than Ducs :p
Well I can't wait till tomorrow when I finally get to ride again. Until then
Ciao

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Re: Miss me?

Pictures???? ;D

Yeah, when I went to Italy I was also keenly aware of the small number of Ducatis being ridden. I saw (and heard) a lot of Harley's though. Ugh. [cheeky]

G

·

Somewhere out there an Italian is back from his trip to the US, bitching about how few Harleys he saw here... [laugh]

·
Premium Member
885 Posts

Most of my italian relatives and friends would love to ride Ducati's, but find them too expensive compared to the Jap imports. Pity.

Must convince them to spend their money more wisely !

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Mostrobelle said:
Pictures???? ;D

Yeah, when I went to Italy I was also keenly aware of the small number of Ducatis being ridden. I saw (and heard) a lot of Harley's though. Ugh. [cheeky]
Trying to figure out the uploading pic thing now....

·
Registered
876 Posts
Cynic13th said:
I doubt it :) Only was gone for 2 weeks. I have to say very disappointed in the Italians, only saw one monster in the few days I was in Italy and sadly he was having problems getting it started :'(
Really as far as I could tell, they ride more BMW's than Ducs :p
Well I can't wait till tomorrow when I finally get to ride again. Until then
Ciao
number of ducatis depends on where in italy ... in rome, where one would expect to find lots of ducs (ducati rome is the largest dealership in the world, from a units sold perspective) ... but when in rome, i actually see very few ducs, and as some here point out, many more hogs and jap bikes (of course, lots of scooters in rome too).

if you hang out in bologna or milano, you can usually see/hear a lot more ducs riding around the city streets. but the best place to go duc watching is outside the cities, on the hillside roads, like the futa pass from bologna to firenze.

anyway, the smaller number of ducs in italy compared to california is ok with me ... italy still has the best places to eat, drink, and of course ... WLF [thumbsup]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
johnc said:
number of ducatis depends on where in italy ... in rome, where one would expect to find lots of ducs (ducati rome is the largest dealership in the world, from a units sold perspective) ... but when in rome, i actually see very few ducs, and as some here point out, many more hogs and jap bikes (of course, lots of scooters in rome too).

if you hang out in bologna or milano, you can usually see/hear a lot more ducs riding around the city streets. but the best place to go duc watching is outside the cities, on the hillside roads, like the futa pass from bologna to firenze.

anyway, the smaller number of ducs in italy compared to california is ok with me ... italy still has the best places to eat, drink, and of course ... WLF [thumbsup]
Yeah well I really wasn't in Italy to look at motorcycles.. It's just that I was so moto deprived that it became a sickness trying to spot a ducati in their home country :)

I think the next trip to Europe (which is a while from now :() We plan to see more of italy from the back of a 2 wheeled somthing or other :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very cool pics! How exactly does that clock thing work? I'm so intrigued, it had astrological symbols on it and 24 hours. Looked like the ring in the middle moved too but I couldn't tell what the significance would be of numbers and signs lining up. Were those sculptures of a skeleton and some man of religion just a part of the architecture of a building?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Monkey vs Robot said:
Very cool pics! How exactly does that clock thing work? I'm so intrigued, it had astrological symbols on it and 24 hours. Looked like the ring in the middle moved too but I couldn't tell what the significance would be of numbers and signs lining up. Were those sculptures of a skeleton and some man of religion just a part of the architecture of a building?
Not an expert on what all the dials mean :) but Death and the Heritic (a moor ::)) move when the clock strikes every hour, which was pretty cool :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts