Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
They are quality mirrors. I changed mine over the winter and have been more than pleased. Stock ones I could not see anything behind me. These don't vibrate or move around and now everything is visible. A little pricey, but well worth the investment. Tried some cheap eBay ones at first and they were junk.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I’ve been happy with the cheap eBay knock offs. Many different styles available, the quality of most has been good. I’m sure the expensive ones are better, but I just can’t see the expense. I have 6 bikes to buy mirrors for, I think I’ve spent between $8-25 / pr .
I’ve had to replace one mirror . It was loose and I forgot to tighten it before a ride, so really my fault. Even at the low price level , the more you pay the nicer they are. Sometimes, though, all I want is a little mirror there, nothing fancy. They work, they don’t blur, they stay focused, and if something happens to one I don’t feel bad. They’re so inexpensive I keep a couple of pairs of them around just in case I need one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors. But those look way better than the thing on my bike when I first saw it.
Thing looked like a refugee from a dental office. Tiny. And there was only one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors. But those look way better than the thing on my bike when I first saw it.
Thing looked like a refugee from a dental office. Tiny. And there was only one.
2 make a difference. They are a little small but I've definitely gotten use to them. Safer than the stock. The stock ones I couldn't see anything behind me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 make a difference. They are a little small but I've definitely gotten use to them. Safer than the stock. The stock ones I couldn't see anything behind me.
That's a great looking bike!

Do you have a 'before' picture? I am curious about your statement that these mirrors are safer than stock and want to know what the stock ones looked like.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. They were just the factory mirrors. I'm 6'1" and around 210 lbs. Guess I just have wide shoulders. With the factory mounted mirrors I could see in the other lanes, but absolutely nothing behind me. All I could see was shoulders and they also had quite a bit of vibration. Maybe if your smaller framed the factory ones might work for you.
Factory mirrors below.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts