Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went for a short ride today. A longer ride would have been nice, but the conditions around DC didn't support that. It is clear I need heated grips on this bike.

On topic, gosh, the stock mirrors are ugly. Maybe enough to make the Rizomas worth it. A couple of questions:

I'm guessing the DP mirrors are as easy to remove as the stock ones. How about the Rizomas? I'm asking because I get the bike to the track and I'd rather remove the mirrors rather than just tape them over.

For those with barend mirrors, how well can you see them? While riding I imagined I had the barend mirrors. It would take a turn of the head to see the mirrors, unlike bar mounted mirrors. Is that an issue?

How easy/hard is it to remove barend mirrors (again, for the track)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Resurrecting an old thread, and I'm shocked that I was the one that started the thread back 6 years ago for the 695 Monster that I bought at the time.

Anyway, I just purchased a 2014 Monster 1200 and have rotated he mirror / lever mounts on the bar so that the levers are more level upwards. (I was getting numb finger tips by having the fingers resting over the grips in a downward fashion, but if fingers are more upward then no problem - go figure) However, now that I have rotated the mounts upwards and back to me, the levers seem better positioned but the mirrors are now pointing downward behind me, which is not ideal. The actual mirror itself is positioned as far up as it can, and still pretty much points downward.

Apart from bar end-mirrors, has anyone else changed mirrors to get for flexibility around positioning? Are the expensive Rizoma mirrors my only option (again) and do they fit the 1200 and offer more positioning flexibility?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
When I find mirrors that I can see around my shoulders with they are so long they vibrate and I can’t see what is behind me anyway. Plus they look like Mickey Mouse ears. I doubt it’s possible to put a mirror out on the end of a foot long stick and not have it blur on a running motorcycle.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts