Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8) Hello all,
I know that the mirror topic has been done to death. But here is my question. Can I purchase any set of mirrors that I find to my liking. In other words can, I select a set of mirrors from a Harley shop...and expect them to fit the threading on my Monsters handlebars?

Or... is the Italian threading a different diameter or does it thread a different direction that mirrors I may find sold by Japanese, American or English manufacturers?

Ive seen a lot of mirrors that would complement the Monster. I just don't want to find out the hard way that they wont fit.

Thanks, Ride Safe,
JJ

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Not just any will fit, at least on my 2003 620, I bought some mirrors and the right had a different thread direction. There are adaptors out the that you can get to change the thread direction. They are 10mm. Everything I said applies to a 2003, I don't know about other years sizes etc.. Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
better look at the threading on both sides of the handlebar mirror mounts b/c sometimes the mirror mounts from the ducati factory are either 2 left-hand or 2 right-hand threaded... maybe 20% of the monsters I've heard about so far. when they run out of parts (wonder how that happens) for either L or R-hand threads they just stick on whatever fits.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The easiest solution to this problem I found was to order the top clamp of the clutch lever assembly that the mirror screws into (it has a standard M10x1.25 right hand thread [from memory]) and replace the brake level's one with it. Then you can use a standard bolt (or a longer on if you want to put a spacer in between the clamp plate and the mirror base to raise the mirror up a bit higher) for both sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts