Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Monster with bar end mirrors, and I can't really see jack behind me. Plus my arm blocks my view most of the time. Everyone I speak to says the stock mirrors vibrate so much you can't see out of them either.

Does anyone have a good suggestion of mirrors that work?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I've tried the following mirrors:

Dual standard mount:
- Roadracing: aluminum threads, etc - lots of vibes
- Monstrack: currently using (solid and expertely crafted)

Bar-end mount:
- Third-Eye blind - I mean 3rd Eye: lots of vibes (but $12 each)
- CRG blindsight: great for letting you know someone's behind you (but scores a 1 out of 10 for vehicle ID).

Recommendation: Monstrack mirrors! Check out their write-up by our own Jeff H. on the Monstrack website.

G

·
bought the Rizomas... they just look cool... they don't do the best job in the world , but they do help.... function gets a 2.5 out of 5.... 5 for looks... plus u have to look over your shoulder anyways

G

·
I'll put in my 2cents on the Monstrack mirrors. I'm a bigger guy, 6'3" 230lb so the factory mirrors only showed my shoulders. With the Monstrack Longs (the longer ones, duh!) you will give up vertical viewing angle but I gained very good rearward vision. I still have to give a little arm inward to see right behind me but visibility is not too bad. If I could make any change to them I would decrease the angle of the arm about 5 degrees and increase the length about a 1/4-1/2" giving me a little more room to see around.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like the mirror's on the 04 s4r .They have a nice look to them and they are about a 3/4 of an inch longr than the o3 mirror's on my bike so I can see past my shoulder's instead of right at them.How ever I bet they would be big $$$$$$$ to get them from Ducati.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I like the Monstrack mirrors. They look very functional. I might just have to bust the bank for a pair of those.

G

·
I don't bother, either. I have recently placed a "bug eye" on my helmet. Took a while to get it adjusted(and get used to) but it'll let ya know if someones behind you.

G

·
I Re: Mirror Suggestions?

I went riding yesterday in MASS (too cold) and I guess the stock mirrors were not designed for cold weather. Riding along and one of the lenses fell out. The cheap way of mounting the lenses to the stalks is to put two drops of caulk and press the lenses in. So I guess this forces me two replace them. I have been looking at Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber mirros but maybe I should stay away from Ducati brand???

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Looks like I may need to get off my lazy butt and do that mirror FAQ after all...

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Mt Zefal mountian bike mirrors, they work perfect and stay rock solid to as fast as any 2v monster will go. And they are less then $15 each. They also work great.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
you can flip the Monstrack mirrors around so the wide base is either at the top or the bottom - if you reverse it so the wide base is on the top it will give more vertical viewing area

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
3rd Eye bike mirrors. $9 each. Low profile, too easy to install, no vibration, and they look great...and did I mention they're $9 each? ;D

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
3rd Eye mirrors...

Just got a pair this weekend (I guess I got screwed at $13 each at REI.. but hey.. )

Love the little bastards.. piece of cake puttin' them on. kinda hard to see 'what' is behind you, especially if they're far away, but you can definetly see that there is 'something' back there.. more curve than the stock ones.. so things look "Even farther than they are..".

Next, I'm going to rig a rear view camera system that will display on an LCD.. nah.. too much work, and probably can't see in the sunlight.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, those are the ones I have on my 900. Oddly enough it's yellow with clip ons, hey you stole my bike. ;)
Third Eyes.
No offense, but I don't like them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts