Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I have to get cooler mirrors and ditch the Mickey Mouses that came with the bike. I'm not a huge fan of the bar end ones and the cheapest cool set of mirrors I can find start at $160. Christ, it's only a little steel and glass!

Does anyone have a economical/ cool choice for replacement mirrors?

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
yeah, help me find some Ducati Performance mirrors.

Where can I order them online ???

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I used Third-Eye bicycle bar-end mirrors on my bike at a cost of around $10.00 each. I just tried them out as an experiment and liked them so much that I left them on for a few years.

C

·
0 Posts
Go for the retro look and buy a couple of Napoleans - around $20 each.

jb

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Miles,

Looks to me like one of the Sport 1000 series.

When I first got my Monster, I HATED the Napolean look. So I got CRG barends.

Gotta admit, that as I've been looking at more and more retro bikes, the look is growing on me. I wouldn't mind the narrower profile getting in and out of the barn either!

So how's visibility on those things?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Duh, yeah paint scheme and color matches. The Napoleon's threw me off as they are so cheap. Hard to believe the put them on those concept bikes.

That being said, I ran one Napoleon (left side) and visibility was great - never had a problem. Having one was only annoying when I was in front of my buddies. If they were behind and to the right of me I couldn't keep track of them. Plus they are like $20 and available everywhere in case you loose it or break it off coming out of the barn ;)!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Miles,

Looks to me like one of the Sport 1000 series.

When I first got my Monster, I HATED the Napolean look. So I got CRG barends.

Gotta admit, that as I've been looking at more and more retro bikes, the look is growing on me. I wouldn't mind the narrower profile getting in and out of the barn either!

So how's visibility on those things?
i have napoleans on my bike, and love 'em.

·
Banned
551 Posts
I just got the Napoleans - and couldn't get the bar ends out. I am afraid of stripping the bad boys - so I was hose the seam between the bar-end and the grips with WD-40 in hopes that it will losen up.

I know this is a really basic question - but I am looking for tips (I am not that ingeneous). I wanna get the napoleons on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The DP Teardrops look great, but don't expect much of a view. Flat glass, and way less surface area than the stock Mickeys. And they're not exactly a budget item, either.

C

·
0 Posts
monkey1boy1,

If you mean the stock plastic end caps, just grab them with a pair of pliers and start turning and pulling. ;)

jb

·
Registered
216 Posts
Where can you get the napoleons for the best price?? Thanks!

P.S. Andrew - are they the black or the chrome?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
i've gone through aluminum and plastic-framed mirrors and I'd have to say that for the $$$ and performance (no vibes, breakage, etc), the Monstrack mirrors are the best I've owned so far.

·
Registered
400 Posts

jb
Definately love the retro look. ;D And Chris at CA-Cycleworks has them for a darn good price (where I got mine).

S

·
0 Posts
I like thos monstrack mirros. Does anyone know if I get reid of my clutch/brake levers, if there is a mount that these will fit on. I'm thinking baout going brembo gp radial.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts

jb
I just bought these exact same mirrors from DennisKirk.com for about $65 shipped. They are nice mirrors, pleanty of adustability. Look cool too. They make the bike look wider, and meaner ( i think)

Kevin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts