Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 1200 standard into the dealer for its first service 2 weeks ago. Everything went fine and I was supposed to get the bike last saturday. I get a call saying they are having an electrical issue and can't upload the new ECU update. They have been going back and forth with Ducati on it all week, trying things to fix. Dealer made a good point that since this hasn't happened ever and its a new bike, its kind of like a guinea pig. No one knows whats going on. I'm remaining calm as I know its not my dealers fault. I told him just now to remind ducati rep that I've been waiting 2 weeks tomorrow now.

:confused:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone with the Dealer. Ducati is overnighting a new Dash in hopes that will fix things. I told them if that doesn't fix it, then I am calling DNA and demanding some sort of compensation or a new bike.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Issues with the Dash / Electrical? My dealer said it was the first time they had heard of it. But would be good to know others have had the issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I guess every bike is different. I had one issue with mine which was a cosmetic one. DNA change my speedometer because it had this inside streak line across the instrument . It is now changed and fine. I rode 4000 miles so far and I ride it between 4 to 7000 rpm the majority of the time. No problem, no oil consumption, engine runs strong. So far so good.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine seems to be running better after the 600 mile check up. the re-set the ECU and it had the latest flash on it. I haven't had any stall in 2 weeks. I understand your frustration. It's always in the back of my mind. I hope they resolve it soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been making a conscious effort to rev match at every downshift. Hasn't stalled in a few hundred miles. However, sounds like this may not work even as as a temporary fix for the bikes with the really frequent stalling issues. The post above on a stall during a highway exit at high speed is really concerning. That could have been a disaster, especially if you need the power to straighten the bike or otherwise complete a turn. There had better be a recall coming soon. Could be time to start contacting your local regulatory authorities.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Minor to Major

So my dealer still can't figure out whats wrong. Bike runs fine but they can't seem to be able to load in the most recent update without an error. They replaced relays but that didn't help. They replaced the dash and that worked for the dash, but still didn't fix the underlying issue. Then they replaced the BBS (I think?) and that didn't work either. Its been almost 3 weeks at this point and I asked for the ducati customer service number. What do you guys think? I'm thinking I want a new bike. Even if they fix it, I wouldn't be comfortable riding it or I'd worry about future updates and things. I would need to be assured the issue is definitely fixed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:

Ok so my dealer just called saying Ducati released a brand new update today and they installed it with no errors or issues. Said everything is as new now. Guy said it was all software related. So I guess everything is good. Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by law / warranty reasons they have to install the updated software for the ECU I guess. You want it actually, because it fixes issues... like an update for your iphone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts