Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anyone tell me whats the average gas mileage of a 2000 750 per tank? How much reamaining when the light goes on also? Any ideas? Thanks?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
It kinda depends on how hard you're riding on a given tank.

I'd say my average is about 160 mile before the light goes on and probably 180 or 190 before the tank runs out. The one time I totally ran out of gas I was just over 200 miles.

It seems like it varies a bit from bike to bike, both the average mileage in general and when the light goes on.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Its really interesting hearing people say the average rpms they ride in, and their average miles per tank.

There is a LOT of variability in how we all ride! Some of you guys are crazy ;D ! You would have to fully open the throttle after every stop sign to get only 110 miles per tank!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now I'm a newbie, but I'm only getting around 130ish so far for each tank. Haven't gone through that many tanks to do a proper average. I ride almost all city stop/go traffic.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I think SF gas sucks. I'm right there with TAF. Maybe 120-130 max before the light comes on. Pure freeway cruising, maybe 145, but I never do that.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think I get about 150 with an '01 m750 before I need a fill up.

I was going to ride until I ran out of gas to see where the limit was. I thought that I would then just switch to reserve and ride to the gas station for a fill up. Then I realized there is no reserve, or at least I don't know where it is. I thought all motorcycles had a reserve. If the monster has one can someone tell me where it is.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Mine went just the opposite... 42 MPG avg. stock, 49 MPG avg. w/ stage II, now about 45 MPG avg. w/ FCRs.

--Fillmore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts