Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, just wanted to mention the changes that the bike went through recently('03 800s). had the 6k done, added dp lightweight flywheel, k&N, and 14 tooth front. had the co adjusted and voila! this is the way the bike should be stock! pulls cleaner from the bottom and spins up much better through the top. matching revs to come down is 10 times better and at wot, no comparison. still waiting for the pcIII for the final changes- pipes modded, cut air box and custom map. but as of now this is a much more entertaining bike to ride, commute and fun in the twisties. just need the weather to hold out for a run up in the mountains. the co adjustment and the valve adjust has made the bike idle better and reminds me of installing a jet kit on a carbed bike without going crazy with the pipes. i also have noticed a small increase in gas mileage. before these changes i would get 125-140 miles before the fuel light would stay on, at a moderate pace with blasts thrown in for good measure.the last 2 tanks since changes have been 140-155. the ride is getting better all the time. cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the message. I'm a new rider. Do you know where I can find a good resource to make the same mods you made to your bike?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got info on how to change sprockets, airbox mod, flywheel on my site under the S4's mods pages (url is in my sig). i can modify your stock cans for you, or if you're into it, i can give you tips on how to do it yourself.
for the ECU tweeking referred to, you should be able to have this done at your dealer for the cost of 1 hour's labor (or 2 tops i'd guess).

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I recommend Strati's work without reservation. The sound of the pipes has increased my riding enjoyment immesurably. (Not Harley open pipes loud; rather a "Something Wicked This Way Comes" rumble) I've done a few other things, but dropping a tooth on the countersprocket is by far the best bang for your buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts