Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some great looking low mount pipes for the M900 by MIG exhaust. They are a french company and their U.S. supplier wont get the monster pipes. Anyone got any clue how to get a set of them?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
try going through one of the british shops ... maybe
spareshack. i've bought stuff from england before
and it went well.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I would suggest talking with one of the European riders that come here. I know a bunch of guys and gals from England stop in to chat at times. Perhaps if you sent them the cash they could pic them up for you and ship them over?

Only thing is, the Euro is killing us right now, so be warned...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I saw some great looking low mount pipes for the M900 by MIG exhaust. They are a french company and their U.S. supplier wont get the monster pipes. Anyone got any clue how to get a set of them?
I can take a look at some prices here, and get back to you. Do you have a part # or picture I can take to the Ducati shop here.

mitt

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I was looking at their website http://www.mig.fr

Saw this pic under europenne

It is in both french and english if you want to look at it. Accueil is home.

mitt

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thats the photo I saw. I also visited the website. The U.S. distributer that they provide wont get the monster pipes. If you could find out if the pipes will fit early M900s (1994) and how much they are, that would be awesome!

G

·
Interesting carbon(?) weave in the picture....almost looks like a houndstooth check....kinda reminds me of a tweed sport jacket a teacher once wore

That is an early Monster that is used in the photo 1994-1996 or 7...or someone used the rear end parts from one

Has anyone used the MIGS that is willing to offer an opinion on their sound, assembly, quality, dB rating etc etc?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Well,

I went to the Ducati shop here tonight, and I got the impression they are aftermarket nannies. They only use DP stuff, and say all other aftermarket silencers will cause problems. They use DP because they can get new electronics from Ducati instead of using a PCIII or something. ( I told them you had a '95 monster even).

They definitely knew of MIG, but will not order them.

Therefore, I don't have a price yet.

mitt

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I sent an email off to the Canadian distributor; I

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I think I'd stay clear of a shop that doesnt know that DP parts are aftermarket too...DP pipes are usually Termi or Remus. And 95's are carbed and need a jet kit, not a chip.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feild work mitt! I just think it would be cool to have these pipes that are uncommon. I also like that they seem to be very small in diameter, more ground clearance.
If we can get them in Canada it would be MUCH cheaper than shipping from Europe!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Reply from Canadian Distributor,

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bummer, thanks for trying Ken :'(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts