Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going? I'm heading out around 3:30 p.m. on Wed 3/2. NICE day for a ride!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
wow, what a day. great weather. where did it come from? thanks Daffe for getting me out.

we went up into the east hills on Sierra Rd. out of the Berryessa area. it starts more south than Calaveras Rd.; great climb out of the valley. I love the feel of a pulling twin up twisties. we then meet up (right turn instead of left) with Calaveras Rd. and headed north to Sunol. We then ended up in old downtown Pleasanton for a Mocha shake at Tully's coffee shop. mmm, mocha shake made with espresso. ok I had the shake. Daffe had...

rrockstar

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a regular coffee... but we did have a few annoyances along the way (like the basic-model black Mustang '03 that consistently drifted over the double-yellow in an attempt to try to lead us through the turns at a snail's pace)...

Rockstar almost got run over by a car coming the other direction that had taken a wide turn into our lane as well. Lucky he has great reflexes and the other driver must have crapped in his pants.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nice pictures Daffe, what are those bars on the back of your bicke??

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's the Monstrack backrest... Michael Moore will be doing a write-up on it soon.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Hey Juan! long time.

Daffe, Geezer and I talked about saturday or sunday. maybe we can do this same route and extend it up this new road I found? Palomares Rd. off Niles Canyon Rd. just past Sunol. or we could ride straight to Niles canyon, explore this road and Crow Canyon Rd. north of that?

...me likes the back roads.

rrockstar

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm going on Saturday and Sunday both... Geez can only do Sunday.

gonna try the DNA route today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts