Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend where to buy a mid pipe/headers for a 2005 S2R 800? Any particular brand i should be looking for? I want to get rid of the converter.

Thanks

jay

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love my Desmoworld midpipe! Adds a ton of sound to the exhaust. Only downside was my having to add a PCIII.

The bike ran poorly when I changed out the stock midpipe, so I added a PCIII (Used the stock S2R map)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply... That's exactly what I'm looking for. I have the same pipes, and that looks sharp! Couple questions for you if you don't mind..

What is a PCIII?
Is this an easy install? Does the mid pipe cover the oil drain hole?
How much am I looking to spend for this mod?

This will be my first mod, the bike already had the pipes. Not sure why they left stock mids/can.

Jay

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here's a recommendation against the DP headers. They are fine and dandy until oil change time, they go right under the oil drain plug. For obvious reasons, you must at the least loosen your exhaust to perform a (normally) simple oil change. You can't really tell by this photo though:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I have the DP mid pipe...yup...its a pain in the ass to loosen every thing up to change the oil. If I had to do it again it would the Spareshack or Desmo.

With the DP header and cored cans I did not have to get a remapped PC. The stock one is fine....on my bike.

C

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 on not needing a PCiii. I found the bike ran better with stock ecu.

By the way, anybod looking for that set up? i no longer have my S2R and my S4RS is beggin for mods ;D

·
Registered
38 Posts
RomeStarrS4Rs said:
+1 on not needing a PCiii. I found the bike ran better with stock ecu.

By the way, anybod looking for that set up? i no longer have my S2R and my S4RS is beggin for mods ;D
If you have a mid pipe that will fit a 2005 s2r ..I may be interested...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts