Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ducati Owners Club of Canada is holding their annual event and I was wondering if anyone from the board has ever gone or is planning on going. I personally haven't but I'd like to.

http://www.docc.ca/html/events.html

DOCC Grattan Rally - July 31, August 1, and 2, 2004 - Belding Michigan 48809 - Phone: 616-691-7221 Fax: 616-691-7449 - www.grattanraceway.com

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diggler, you make the event sound like a lot of fun. I wasn't too sure at first, but I'm definitely going to try and go now. I don't know if I'll camp though cuz I only live about 30 min away.

Aren't there any others out there from Michigan who want to go?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I might be up for it Michael. I'm about an hour south of the MI border. It's sounds like fun!

BTW, thanks for the service file that you sent to me a while back! I'm going to put that in my folder.

·
Registered
472 Posts
A whole weekend of duc's (pardon me Roby) and a racetrack...no squids allowed...

i really had a great time i went about 4 years in a row or so..... I hope you guys enjoy the weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live about an hour away from the track, and would love to go.

I need to find out exactly what needs to be done to prep the bike (saftey wiring, etc...) And don't I need to take a class before I'm allowed on the track?

Help, I need some more info. I wanna go!

·
Registered
472 Posts
From what I remember they allow anyone on the course that fills out the paperwork and has all the proper inspections and gear. they had beg, med, and prof classes of times to go on the track.. I think about 2-3 times a day you get to get on, If I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been out to gratten for the last three years and have a blast each year. DOCC is a great club and Gratten is a really fun track. I am already booked for this year 5 days and i cant wait!
we travel all the way from new hampshire for the event,
if you like ducatis and race tracks you will like gratten.
cheers

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A guy at a local dealership told me you have to be a member of the Ducati Owners Club of Canada to go. Although, that doesn't mean you have to live in Canada. Any of you guys who have been know if that's true? I think he said membership was only $20 or $30. I think he also said they are pretty loose about your gear. I don't think you need full leathers or anything like that

·
Registered
472 Posts
To be honest with you, I have never been a member, and like i said, I got in Thru Larry Klein @ GT Motors.

If they let you on the track without full leathers but dont let you in because your not a member of DOCC...then just join on the spot....

Now if you showed up on a gixxer and wanted to ride..then maybe they would turn you away.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought I'd bring this back up to the front since it's going on this weekend.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I went to the DOCC event at Mosport earlier this yr. Great, well run event. All the duc riders seemed more courteous than your average track day Larry, Moe and Curly's.

Plus a $100 a day it was a great value for the $$ ;D.

I've heard this a great track, bummed I can't make it. I'll definately be there next yr.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been waiting for this since I found out abut it in April. I can't wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts