Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this type tire? Any comments on it??

H

·
0 Posts
A friend of mine uses them on his VFR, and loves them. Good grip and mileage. Not a sticky bun, but if you don't really push the limits, it's a good tire.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I put 'em on in the spring. Have about 6000 miles on them.

I really like them, a lot! They're so far ahead of the Dunlop 204s that came on the bike. Good grip cold or warm and they give me good confidence in the rain.

I haven't done a track day on them yet and I expect they will fall somewhat short there. But for the way I ride on public roads, I find they do just fine.

Tire life seems like it will meet my expectations. I would have liked Pilot Sports, but I can't see running a 3000 mi tire!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm doing a track day May 9th, and will probably need tires by then, FBF suggested Michelin pilot road, BUT he didn't know I was doing the track day.
But it is my first track day so I probably won't be pushing it??

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I plan to do a track day on those tires this summer. Like you, I figure that for my first track day, those tires shouldn't be the limiting factor.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
For track days they will get greasy about 10 minutes in if ridden hard. Just starts sliding a little mostly the rear. Last about 6000 miles on a rear though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had a set on my old Triumph Sprint and I loved 'em. They heated-up quickly, gripped very well in both the dry and the wet and they wore well. They were much better than the Bridgestone BT-054s that came with the bike.

R

·
0 Posts
Stock tires on my 996 and it is a good product ran about 3K miles. Not enough for tracks and takes a little longer to warm up. Good for street and canyon ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts