Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Monster 1200 S, 2019 Tracer GT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the wife on board (at least it seems that way) to add a third bike to the garage to sit next to my 2007 Tiger 1050 and 2019 Tracer GT. I started searching for a Street Triple or (my third) Speed Triple. Somehow in my searching a 2013 EVO came up. I started looking into them and think that is what I want more than either of the Triumphs.

Since they only were out 2012 & 13, I know there's not a lot of them but I'm pretty sure that's the one I want. Of course, there aren't any in the metro Atlanta area for me to see in person. I'm not opposed to driving for the right bike, but would really like to lay eyes on one.

Was there any notable difference between the '12 & '13 that would make one more desirable than the other? I'm a total noob at Ducatis, honestly. I've always wanted one and have a ridden a couple that friends owned but that's it.

Any advice one can give would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here with ya! Now to go finish my profile.

Chris

·
Registered
2013 1100 EVO ANNIVERSARY
10 Posts
I got the wife on board (at least it seems that way) to add a third bike to the garage to sit next to my 2007 Tiger 1050 and 2019 Tracer GT. I started searching for a Street Triple or (my third) Speed Triple. Somehow in my searching a 2013 EVO came up. I started looking into them and think that is what I want more than either of the Triumphs.

Since they only were out 2012 & 13, I know there's not a lot of them but I'm pretty sure that's the one I want. Of course, there aren't any in the metro Atlanta area for me to see in person. I'm not opposed to driving for the right bike, but would really like to lay eyes on one.

Was there any notable difference between the '12 & '13 that would make one more desirable than the other? I'm a total noob at Ducatis, honestly. I've always wanted one and have a ridden a couple that friends owned but that's it.

Any advice one can give would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here with ya! Now to go finish my profile.

Chris
2012 & 2013 are the same...any differences would be cosmetic only...I have had mine for a little over 3 months and really like it....handles great and has just enough power to make it fun. I would look for a bike out of the New England area as those tend to have low mileage because of the weather..I shipped a bike from NY to AZ and it cost $650.00. Just figure that into the price of the bike you want...this time of year you can get better deals as no one up there is looking to buy a bike...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I didn’t think there was a difference between years other than the 2013 being an anniversary model but wasn’t sure.
I’m looking pretty much anywhere within 500 miles for one. There’s a black one in Atlanta but I like the red better (that and the owner hasn’t responded back to me yet after two inquiries to him).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks. I didn’t think there was a difference between years other than the 2013 being an anniversary model but wasn’t sure.
I’m looking pretty much anywhere within 500 miles for one. There’s a black one in Atlanta but I like the red better (that and the owner hasn’t responded back to me yet after two inquiries to him).
I have a 2012 - they are great. I had a street triple and I sold it as the Ducati had a lot more character. It’s a great fun day ride. The tracer can be your commuter. The Ducati has more soul :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question based on what I’ve been looking at the last few days. There’s a flyscreen I see on most but not all. Was that an accessory or standard?

Also I see some with the trellis frame in red and some in gold. And finally, one I’m looking at doesn’t have the white stripe going across the tank and tail section. I thought that was part of the 2013 paint scheme.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
119 Posts
Another question based on what I’ve been looking at the last few days. There’s a flyscreen I see on most but not all. Was that an accessory or standard?

Also I see some with the trellis frame in red and some in gold. And finally, one I’m looking at doesn’t have the white stripe going across the tank and tail section. I thought that was part of the 2013 paint scheme.

View attachment 228060
View attachment 228059
This is the anniversary edition with gold frame, round mirrors, no fly screen and no white strip. Look at the clutch cover - they are engraved with a number out of 200.

The fly screen is very small but actually useful in reducing turbulence from the instruments.

I’ve had two 1100evo monsters, a 2013 anniversary and now a 2012 1100evo. The termignoni package makes a big difference in my opinion. It’s smoother at lower rpm, weighs a little less and makes a little more power. So look for one with that package if you have a choice. It’s too expensive and not worth adding new (about $2k)

I bought a 2013 multistrada a few months ago and find riding it more than any other bike. I may be selling my monster come spring, but I’m in Boston, MA. I have not made conclusive decision as I like my monster. I just have too many bikes :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the clarification. Seems odd they’d leave off the flyscreen on the anniversary edition, but ok. I want a flyscreen if whatever I buy doesn’t have one. Sucks about the white strip. I really like that! Oh well, I guess the other 2013’s I’ve seen aren’t the anniversary edition. Makes sense.
Surely I’ll have one by Spring but ya never know. When you decide what you’re going to do, let me know. I have friends in the Boston area….

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question on pricing. 2013 anniversary edition- 3400 miles, Termi stainless full exhaust (not slip-on according to dealer website), Rizoma clutch and brake reservoirs, CRG levers.

is $8295 a decent price for one claimed to be in excellent condition? It’s in Maryland so I’d have to have it shipped to Atlanta for me is the only negative in my book. I have a couple friendsin the area going to lay eyes on it for me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Question on pricing. 2013 anniversary edition- 3400 miles, Termi stainless full exhaust (not slip-on according to dealer website), Rizoma clutch and brake reservoirs, CRG levers.

is $8295 a decent price for one claimed to be in excellent condition? It’s in Maryland so I’d have to have it shipped to Atlanta for me is the only negative in my book. I have a couple friendsin the area going to lay eyes on it for me.
The big question was when we’re the belt service last performed. If it was serviced recently and has new tires that is a decent price. If not done than it is $1500 overpriced. The belts and tires sjouke have been changed based on age

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The big question was when we’re the belt service last performed. If it was serviced recently and has new tires that is a decent price. If not done than it is $1500 overpriced. The belts and tires sjouke have been changed based on age
found out the tires are newer (2019 date code), but when asked about service records, they didn’t have any.
So the belts have a mileage/time change (one of those “whichever is first”)?

Also found out it’s been in a low speed crash. So even if the belts have been changed, I’m not paying anywhere near $8300. Time to keep looking.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Agree - keep looking. For whatever it’s worth, most will say the belts should be changed every 5 years regardless of mileage. I suspect that if a bike is kept indoors mostly the belts can last much longer but have no basis to claim this on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I'm a full fledged Ducati owner now. Ended up finding a good deal on a 2018 1200 S model and brought her home today, just in time for the weather in Atlanta to really suck. I can't decide if I like the CF fender or not though.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts