• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So with the summer upon us and the desire to ride nearing its peak, I was thinking that organizing rides would be a good idea for us to get out on the road and away from our keyboards. gjsnyc suggested that meetup.com might be a great alternative to getting a group together who would be interested in riding during the summer months, and with the various options of accessing the site (they have an iphone app, not sure about other phones) it would be easier to post a last minute get together, and easy to see if anyone has suggested a ride for a given day.

Now the downside is you have to pay to create a group. I would be happy to organize it but I wanted to get a feel of how many people would actually be interested in something like this. Let me know your thoughts and depending on interest I may do a trial run for the summer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in and am willing to help subsidize dues. It's $12 a month. I've also posted this on the 'other' forum. This is a great outlet to get guys together.

·
Registered
82 Posts
we can do that or create a google groups linked to your email. If you get email on your phone, you should be able emails 24 hours a day. anyone who posts or sends an email to the group , the other members would get it as well. what do you think fellas ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
we can do that or create a Google groups account linked to your email. If you get email on your phone, you should be able to receive emails 24 hours a day. anyone who posts or sends an email to the group , the other members would get it as well. what do you think fellas ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's even cheaper... at least for the first 6 months. I'll try to set this up later today.

You're just minutes away from becoming the Organizer of Ducati NYC Riders!

We really want to see your group become a reality. So, to help you get started, Meetup is offering you 50% off your first payment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
down for the ride, any suggestions are welcome. I will be in NJ (off exit 98 on the GSP) and can ride up. Will be looking up some new roads as Bear Mtn is getting kinda old :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts