Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I've found a lead on an old D.P. Tach setup for my 95 900M (Thanks Kevin!).
Does anyone know if ALL Monsters of this era have the gear in the horizontal head to run the tach. As I understand it, the 900SS (which HAD a mech. tach STOCK) used the same head as the Monster - It just stands to reason that the gear to run it would be installed in ALL the heads... And as D.P. sold a tach set-up specific to the Monster, it would also stand to reason that there would be an installed gear to drive it
I am doing my best to "look down the hole" that the tach drive is set into, but am having a difficult time seeing far enough into the darkness!!
Thanks in advance -
David

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

In my experience, heads that do not have the tacho transmisison in them will have the hole blanked off. So it is not a matter of looking down the hole to see if you can see one a worm drive, if you have a hole on the top of the front cylinder for a tacho cable then it is a mechanical tacho. ... unless someone, for reasons unknown, has removed it ...

Greg.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've got a few gear drive spares, if you need one, PM me your address. Yes, they are all the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts