Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sounds is your bike supposed to make?

After finally completing my valve adjustment (I can't believe it's over!) I took her for a test spin, and I can hear a clickety noise. Don't know if it's always been there and just now I can notice it or not.

Actually, the whole bike sounds different. On the positive side, the exhaust sounds at least 2.5 times better. I always thought the exhaust on my bike was a little weak compared to how everyone described their bikes. It also sounds a little less busy.

I've always had a squeakity noise that seems to come from somewhere directly below my chest when I'm riding.

What concerns me most right now however is the clickety noise. It's not super loud but I can hear it over the exhaust with my helmet on. From what I can tell, it's coming from both cylinders. It's frequency seems to follow the speed of the engine.

Normal? Good? Bad? Don't even think about going near a wrench again?

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
i dunno... you do (or at least i do) tend to notice more sounds after you've done work on your bike. all those things you didn't notice before now plauge your mind. [laugh]

can't really say what sounds it should be making. my '00 900 is a noisy beast, what with all its mechanical rattlings (not just the clutch). so i'm guessing your 750 would be a bit on the "clakety" side, as well.

and uhm... i don't think i was actually helpful.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, of all things you can't diagnose when your not there in person, how something sounds is probably the most undiagnosable. I thought it might be fun anyway...

You inspire confidence in me however.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, here's a more concrete situation.

Why do I hear a whirring noise when I switch into 1st gear? I don't even have to have let the clutch lever out, right when I kick down to first I'll hear a WHIIiiirrrr.......

I does this on no other gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts