Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock length of the linkage 'dogbone' bar that runs net to the rear suspension? I'm a 6' 180lbs rider who just got the bike, very low with a shaved seat and I'm trying to bring it back up to stock height.

I have seen some tutorials on the web that outline lifting the rear, unbolting, adjusting , and putting back together, but they were for different years, so I dont know how long the linkage should be.

is there somewhere else i can measure ( besides ground to seat, as the seat is shaved, but will be eventually replaced)

also the front forks look like they have been bolted to the trible clamps at different spots, but it looks like they were moved up higher before i bought the bike, is there a measurement for where the clamps should be on the forks?

THanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
What is the stock length of the linkage 'dogbone' bar that runs net to the rear suspension? I'm a 6' 180lbs rider who just got the bike, very low with a shaved seat and I'm trying to bring it back up to stock height.

I have seen some tutorials on the web that outline lifting the rear, unbolting, adjusting , and putting back together, but they were for different years, so I dont know how long the linkage should be.

is there somewhere else i can measure ( besides ground to seat, as the seat is shaved, but will be eventually replaced)

also the front forks look like they have been bolted to the trible clamps at different spots, but it looks like they were moved up higher before i bought the bike, is there a measurement for where the clamps should be on the forks?

THanks!
OEM is not adjustable; to lift the rear you'll need an Ride Height Adjustment Link for Ducati Monster... Available at many of our sponsors...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it already has an adjustable link installed, I can see the threading, but I don't know how long it should be.

Also I dont know what the stock height of the triple clamps should be where they attach to the forks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think it already has an adjustable link installed, I can see the threading, but I don't know how long it should be.
My advice on tinkering with suspesion: Take it to a pro for them to set up your suspension.

I've got the compression screw set up at 3/4 turn from full, somehow I like it that way.

Also I dont know what the stock height of the triple clamps should be where they attach to the forks.
I've got mines set up at about 5mm from the top.

I also weight 185lbs, but, 5'8", 30" inseam...:cool:
I've left the height at the rear as set in factory, lots of speedbumps in Panama, not all are 'pre-fab' so curvature not necesarilly round...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I just took the stock link off my 620 and measured it . 268mm eye to eye.
I hope this helps somebody in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts