Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I was recently heading home during the mid-afternoon in my hometown on a two-lane state highway in a suburban environment. (Mostly homes , some businesses, stores, etc.)

The street is posted 35MPH, but traffic usually runs from 40-45. Really at 35 during the rush-hour.

An elderly cager couple was at an indicated 24-25 on my speedo just in front of me. I didn't feel comfortable passing in case they were looking for something, and might turn suddenly. They looked like Mini-Me's great grandparents, rather low in the saddle.

Please note that I am throughly middle-aged and NOT a kid!

The guy thought I was following too close, so he started shining a bright light back at me.:mad:

I had to take the same left turn as him, so re really dragged-ass to make me miss the light. I stayed at the light, as I felt better losing time at the light rather than following him.

Within seconds he was holding up others at 25 mph.

I had to go home and tend to other time sensitive matters, and really didn't have time to get involved with him and law enforcement.

Evidently his driving is a lifestyle, and he has chosen to maintain a spotlight to support it.

Comments anyone???

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
A little understandationalism.

Hey...You could be talking about my parents, exactly. I love them to death, but they are stubborn behind the wheel. Everyone else is 'out to get them'. Everyone within a mile is 'following too close'. The bright light thing sounds like something my dad would do, too. To their credit, they drive safely and maintain the standard few mistakes that everyone makes. Anyway, I know what kind of people you're talking about. When I'm riding, I try to put them out of my head. And, if I can do it safely, I try to keep them behind me. To me, they're just another reason we have to drive(ride) for everyone else...having to anticipate their dumb decisions before they can make them. It's exhausting, but these days, it's necessary.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i treat everyone the same who causes me concern - take the very first turn i come to and find a different road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts