Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo yo.

i was gonna finally head out today but it's supposed to rain pretty hardcore around 3ish...

but tomorrow (friday) looks nice. i've never been to MCC and would like to head out there or just go for a ride, anyone free tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
the viper link don't work!

man, that's too much to read! you got some cliff notes or something?

all i gathered was that some dude bought a bike from another guy (licensed dealer) and that he hadn't gotten it yet.

MCC is a no go for me, dude... i'll catch y'all this weekend though!

G

·
u have to check out page 4 or 5 of that thread... where he posts pix of what that guy said the bike looked like... to what he actually got from them when he got the bike... messed up!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahaha....

jason- ok, maybe we'll just cruise around then. but one day i gotta hit up MCC. i badly need a new jacket and gloves, too much booze over the winter put on some pounds ;)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
MCC really doesn't have a jacket selection. Just FYI. I got my helmet and gloves there, some shirts and such too, but never a jacket. I bought both of mine off eBay, but neither are leather.

G

·
Jigg...

Can't ride tomorrow; got shyte to do.

You can use my discount at CCC if you'd like. I just had t cancel Vals' leather 'cause CCC are idiots! I only buy what there!

I'd burn that guys house done for sending me a bike like that.

R.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'd suggest searching the net or getting a jacket w/ rubens discount. Do a save as on the viper link - then it works. Not sure why it's not loading properly.

Hoping the weather clears and we can go riding today. ;D

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
a good place to go for gear is assconsin ::) unfortunately, it's quite a ride. next comes CCC, then nielsen's up in lake villa. lots of good stuff there.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Clearw-

Your post was kind of hard to follow, but you never said who you spoke with at MCC. I find it VERY hard to believe that if it was Geoff or Greg that they didn't have the answers you were looking for. Not to mention, I can't see them recommending a bike you didn't even go in to look at. There is a part timer there, you prolly met with him.

I then asked him the difference between the dark and regular. After telling him that the dark has the 5 speed, single disk, and without the slipper clutch (which I read on Ducati's website) and he didn't know, but he is the sales manager of a dealership that has been selling ducati's for 17 years
And why would you ask the differences if you knew them, I understand trying to get the most info you can, but if you knew the correct answer, you shoulda called them out on it and said you heard it was such and such. Believe me, I am not trying to be a jerk to you or be a problem, but I have never had a problem in there and have never heard of anything like this before.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I wonder if he went to CCC and not MCC - those guys there (MCC) are really knowledgable. So what is the plan for tomorrow - 1030 at old orchard or what?

G

·
it was MCC in Villa Park, and I spoke to Geoff. He was a great guy answered all of my questions... I did call him out, but he was persistant on that the only difference between the dark and the regular was the color. He did spend time with me, answered all of my questions, offered me to sit on a 2003. I was overall impressed with the dealership...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts