Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, another question, whats the max # of miles you'd consider buying a use Monster at? A well maintained '95 with over 20K miles, is that asking for lots of problems down the road? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm gonna have 20k on my 2003 Monster by the end of the year. If it truly has been mantained properly that isn't high mileage at all...

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Holy crap! That is incredible! You must ride that thing year-round everyday to get that kind of mileage!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I do ride every day I'm home, rain or shine. My commute to work is only 3.5 miles each way though, so most of those miles are having fun... :)

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i have seen many higher mileage 900 engines (50-60K) the most i've ever seen on a sevenfiddy was around 50K. treat it right and it'll treat you right. got ~20K on my M750. if well maintained and have service records all should be good. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Just out of curoisity how far does the Ducati recommended service schedule go?
I know that I had my 6k service not too long ago, and then an oil change just last week, but after 12k, is that it?
I can't imagine such a thing as a 40k mile checkup, because I didn't know that they could last that long. So is 50-60k like the absolute maximum that can be squeezed out of a ducati engine?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
www.tigerracing.net
68,000 on her own 00 M750 + Rachel put another 32,000 on two bikes we sponsored her on in 01 (M750) and in 03 in the IBR, on a M800D.
Another woman Kathy who's 2000 M900 we take care of,
just past 62,000..
and guess what, they both live in Seattle ;)
Better get riding guys ! These women are logging more miles by the sounds of it :eek:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just out of curoisity how far does the Ducati recommended service schedule go?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
well, i think this is true of anything with an engine, whether it be a lawn mower, a ducati, a porsche, or a volkswagen. If you keep it properly maintained, it'll run forever. Just be sure to take care of all that preventative maintanence... it's always better to fix a problem before it starts.

Also, if it comes down to it, what's a new motor? 1200? If you run the crap out of a bike, and just replace the motor after 100k miles, is that really that bad?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts