Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking about getting a Matris steering damper for my '03 M800 ( http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=009-3D1071 ). Anyway, the website states that it works on 2002-03 620, 750, and 900. Now we all know that as of 2003 the 750 and 900 have been replaced with the 800 and 1000. It seems to me, that any damper that attaches to the handlebar clamp and key tumbler assembly on a 2003 620, would work on a 800. The importer, Two Bro's Racing, is telling me that there is some difference and it won't work. Anybody know, should this fit? Seems to me that it would be fine...

G

·
I sorry i dont have an answer for you, but i am in the same boat. I just acquired an 03 ducati monster 800 and i am having the same problem with a lot of parts. I was wondering if you have been able to find any clip-ons or rearsets that actually say they work with an 800. If you have some that are currently compatible with the bike that would help me out a lot too.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know any clipons or rearsets that work on the '02 620, 750, or 900 will work on an '03 620, 800, or 1000.

·
Registered
491 Posts
did you end up buying the two brothers damper?

I have an '03 m800 and am kinda surprised at the sloppiness of the front end. Was recommended a damper, but am not sure which to buy.

If you did buy the damper, were you happy with the purchase?

Have you bought clipons or anything else to try and stablise the front end?

·
Registered
107 Posts
get your forks revalved. a damper is great for safety.but its like taking pain pills for a tooth ache rather than getting the cavity filled. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Davey,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Sloppyness" but it doesn't sound like the handling on my '03 Monster. Maybe there is something mechanically wrong with yours? Can you describe the actual problem?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for replying.
When I'm on a bend, and the road surface may not be the best, I often get a slight wobble through the front end.

I thought it was the tyres, and they were a little lower than the 32 psi I normally keep them at.

It also goes away when I'm doubling someone.

I'm also going to take some rider classes to see if its my technique.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts