Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in going to the 1098 "unveiling" this coming Saturday? If so perhaps we ride in mass, we may finally get some attention from Matison!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The last time I rode to an event at Matison's (the Sport Classic Open house) they didn't actually have anything in the way of an event. They pointed to the Sport Classics and then promptly ignored me as I looked around and didn't offer to remove their silly museum signs so I could sit on anything.

That said, I'd still like to go see a 1098 if they actually had one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Anyone wanna let me ride on the back of their bike there lol? Moped won't make it that far, and can't hang on the ride on it either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
From my experience they are actually going to forget about it and remember to do it two days later. That would be Monday so I'll be at work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Me like a Dumb ass went last Friday. :p
I thought it was on the 3rd and 4th. They insured me it was going to be there on the 9th and 10th for the unveiling and they also insured me the bike looks awesome. (there are a couple of guys out there that are willing to acknowledge your existence if you stand directly in front of there desk)

I might end up riding back out on Friday (the 9th) at lunch Time, I have to baby sit my daughter on Saturday but there is defiantly enough of a heads up that I maybe able to get a baby sitter and would love to roll in with a bunch of Monsters.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Next weekend is good for me. I'm up for a ride!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may not be riding any where. I got into a fight with a deer! Bikes in the shop we'll see how long that takes.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
ruester007 said:
I may not be riding any where. I got into a fight with a deer! Bikes in the shop we'll see how long that takes.
damn dude, hope you are ok.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
This still on or wut?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I'm still up for it, though it's only going to be in the mid 40's. Maybe I can get some warmer gloves while I'm there

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I may not be in for it after all. I read on another forum that they only have one 1098 in stock and it's a customers bike that'll be roped off for it's "unveiling" tomorrow, and the owner is likely picking it up on Saturday.

F---ing Matison's

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Tomorrow? Never mind then. I don't wanna ride out there on Saturday to only find out it's already gone.

284 Posts
yeah - i'm headed to norfolk tonite for a band i like - will be back noonish tomorrow, but not gonna ride my ass to matison's for nuthin...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Went Today at Lunch. What a beautiful bike and its the S model. Love the new look of the front end and the back is one of a kind, very cool. The only thing and I mean only thing I did not like is the swing arm. The welds look like crap they should of went with a trellis or even a cast. In pictures I was really liking the looks of the swing arm kind of future-esk but up close it just looks like crap.

FYI: I ask one of the sales guys and they let us in the roped off.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
srussell said:
Went Today at Lunch. What a beautiful bike and its the S model. Love the new look of the front end and the back is one of a kind, very cool. The only thing and I mean only thing I did not like is the swing arm. The welds look like crap they should of went with a trellis or even a cast. In pictures I was really liking the looks of the swing arm kind of future-esk but up close it just looks like crap.

FYI: I ask one of the sales guys and they let us in the roped off.
i plan on going up and checking it out as well.

and fyi: the rear end is a direct rip-off of the MV Agusta ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
and fyi: the rear end is a direct rip-off of the MV Agusta
Your rite It is almost exactly the same. Its (2) of a kind i guess.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Went to the Friday night unveiling in Charlotte. 1098s- the CFO of Hendrick auto group was signing the papers on it. Beautiful bike- the headers were enormous. I third the MV tail rip off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts