Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm looking to replace my "coffin" style master cylinders but would like to know if its as easy as changing them for the newer style...

I would prefer not to replace everything (i.e. lines, calipers, etc.) BUT I do want this modification to work... Hello, a brother needs to stop from time to time...

I have noticed master cylinders for sale in the classifieds or on eBay but they rarely have anything for Monsters... Are master cylinders one of those Ducati parts that can be swapped between different models???

Help???

Thanks,

JP

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know about your lines working or not. Most likely the fittings wont be at the right angle. You may be able to make them work, but new lines would be the best option. The master cylinders used on Monsters are the same as most superbikes besides the 749/999. There is an early model and late model m/c, I would recommend you get the late model version. You shouldn't need to change calipers. What bike is this for?

Brian

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There are a number of folks on here who have swapped from the Coffins to the 'Goldline' Brembo MCs. Search around and you should find some dteails and good photos.

Most folks have used the stock lines - it works just fine if you jsut swap the masters. If you swap the calipers, you may have some issues due to different inlet orientations. But I've seen photos of people who have swapped from the black 2 pots to Gold 4 pot and used the stock lines. Ther are a bit contorted, but do work.

I've got a new style Goldline Brake side MC w/ res and micro switch that's gathering dust - drop me a line if you want it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts