Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are we all going to get together and take a ride like the Italians?

·
Registered
455 Posts
That is awesome! Looks like a recipe for disaster with all those monsters packed together like that though. And what's that 999/749 doing in that last pic?? ;D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
cool, just as much as our group! ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sure like those stock mirrors. Italy must have stricked mirror laws. You would think in a group that big, there would be more bikes with aftermarket mirrors. I did not really notice any.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dig those frame slider/crashbars on the polizia bike! ;D

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Why not plan a huge event similar to that in the US. Tou know gather in a big city for a week and have group rides and a parade. It would have to be somewhere near the mountains. Just because Ducati isn't doing "Ducati Revs America" anymore doesn't mean that we can't all get together. We could do it in Asheville, NC, right in the heart of the Smokey Mtns., only 2 hours from Deals Gap and other great roads. Honda used to have the HONDA HOOT there before the old Mayor pissed them off [smiley=angry.gif] (that problem has been rectified, and the current Mayors son rides a Duc) [smiley=grin.gif]. We could probably arrange a track day at Carolina Motorsprts Park in Kershaw, SC and have group throughout the twisties.

Who would be interested in something like that?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea alot. I will be at CMP shooting next week. Its a fun track. Ashville is a great place to set as a starting spot to.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Phoenix sounds better. We have Sedona, Route 66, the Grand Canyon and too many other places to name here in the desert. Plus, it doesn't ever rain and I know how good the Monster is on wet pavement!

San Fran would be nice too but it can get quite costly there! A ride down the PCH or over the Golden Gate would be incredible!

I am actually going to Italy next June. The Ducati factory is on the list of "To Do's". ;D Hopefully, I can get in on a ride like the one I posted here.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A more centrally located site would be best - you would probably get more riders. Unless you want to split it into a east coast, west coast thing.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Ok TX, that sounds fair, what's a good place that's central, has mountains (with good roads to ride), and has the attractions to keep it interesting. Oh yeah, it has to have a good climate. I'm open to suggestions.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about LA just around my corner's house?

sounds easier for me...

Italy is really small compare to the US, that's why they can do it, that's it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have never done much riding east of here or heard much about it. I did live in Arizona and north of Phoenix is good riding.

Northern New Mexico seems popular, as does Colorado but I have actually never ridden a bike at either.

Texas Hill Country is very nice with a wide variety, but certainly no real 'mountains'.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say "Let the Monsters slay the Dragon!" I'm goin to Deals Gap with or without you guys and gals! ;D

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
come to Maine plenty of good riding. not much traffic, real nice in the western mountains, or on the coast.
if you don't like that we've got plenty of loggin' roads, don't go on em' in the spring tho they get pritty muddy. gotta watch the spray from the loggin trucks. not many out there on sundays.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
we need somewhere a little more centralized for everyone. Seems that the majority of the DML is West coast. I would be up for whatever- assuming I have a job that will support my habit when I get to TX. Another thought is just to get everyone together for at one of the races next season.... take over some unassuming town!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts