Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
It's been dry here for a couple of years and people forgot that it snows.

Most people stayed home today and there is no mail but other than that... No big deal.

I'll get the Subaru out later today or maybe tomorrow. Drove fine in it yesterday afternoon.

Snowmobiles and ATVs up and down my streets, though... Duc is jealous. [laugh]

Looks like this at my house...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
I think the worst is over now.
I left work early yesterday (around 1:00) and didn't get home till 3, and it's only 15 miles. For some unknown reason my tire shredded a mile from home yesterday, but i just plowed on home, so now i have to figure out how to change it, and then drive in the snow with the donut. Say what you will about Boulder hippies and subaru's, but my car is a monster in the snow. Here's a pic of my back porch this morning. That is one of those cheap plastic tables.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
You know, I was thinking the same thing this morning while walking along behind my Honda (snowblower). I measured 38" at my house this morning, have had a couple inches since then, but it's powder. A lot of it, but it's powder, easy to move until the sun gets at it. Our 2003 blizzard was wet, heavy snow, that's why we had the collapsed roofs, powerlines down, etc. I've got another hour or so with the snowblower, the 03 storm took me 3 days to do the same area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,465 Posts
Well the snow is up to the door handles on my car, even if I could dig it out I don't think I could even get out of the neighborhood. Even with an SUV it's going to be tough to get out of here tomorrow I think. :(

I have a bad case of cabin fever too. :mad:

Tanya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T-byrd said:
Well the snow is up to the door handles on my car, even if I could dig it out I don't think I could even get out of the neighborhood. Even with an SUV it's going to be tough to get out of here tomorrow I think. :(

I have a bad case of cabin fever too. :mad:

Tanya
yuck, already?

cabin fever is the worst

it hits us about mid February

I hate it

makes me want to do murder
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Mother said:
Hi everybody

the news is saying that the world is ending in Colo

I'm guessing it is a standard snow storm

what's the truth?
What's the big deal?

A little snow in Colorado in December? What are the chances of that?!!!

One thing I am thankful for is that 9News preempted all other programming over the last two days to keep me informed that it was snowing. I really couldn't tell by LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,802 Posts
It's always funny like that. I mean, I'm not even in Denver right now and I hear about the snow on national news. IN HAWAII. And I get a text from my cousin in California asking if I'm okay.
People seem to freak out and forget it can snow in Colorado.
Well, good for the snow. We need the moisture anyway.

FP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BickS2R said:
What's the big deal?

A little snow in Colorado in December? What are the chances of that?!!!

One thing I am thankful for is that 9News preempted all other programming over the last two days to keep me informed that it was snowing. I really couldn't tell by LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW!!!
you got me man

I was watching the news again today and they have this big graffic about "Snow Storm '06"

And were all hysteric about snow up where I live

Since we have snow for about 7 months up here you would think it would be redundent to tell folks about it

but

I guess they don't have any rapists or murderers to talk about today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
It probably wouldn't be too bad minus the cabin fever by staying with my girlfriends parents house. Unfortunatly I was stuck at work for 30 hours and didn't get to go home for the blizzard in '03. I'm a paramedic and everybody seems to get sick when this snow kicks in. this time I hopped in my car at the end of my shift and went home. yesterday was catch up day. We had four ambulances get stuck and a denver fire engine while on our way to a stroke. lots of snow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
Mother said:
you got me man

I was watching the news again today and they have this big graffic about "Snow Storm '06"

And were all hysteric about snow up where I live

Since we have snow for about 7 months up here you would think it would be redundent to tell folks about it

but

I guess they don't have any rapists or murderers to talk about today
The other day, a big transformer at a power sub station blew & caught the cooling oil on fire, power was knocked out for about 50k people. :'(

The local news acted like it was the end of the world. :eek:

The funny thing was that if you could see the news report, you weren't affected by the power outage, and if you were affected by the power outage, you couldn't see the news report. [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
krolik said:
The other day, a big transformer at a power sub station blew & caught the cooling oil on fire, power was knocked out for about 50k people. :'(

The local news acted like it was the end of the world. :eek:

The funny thing was that if you could see the news report, you weren't affected by the power outage, and if you were affected by the power outage, you couldn't see the news report. [laugh]
Yeah, like tv traffic reports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Sorry guys you can blame me, where ever I move to they have a bad winter. I moved up by Buffalo NY and they had like a 15 year winter. Move to Denver and have a top 10 snow storm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
psicorp said:
You can thank me, where ever I move to they have a real winter. I moved up by Buffalo NY and they had like a 15 year winter. Move to Denver and have a top 10 snow storm.
Thanks, James. I knew there was a reason we let you move here!

Would you mind hanging out in Summit and Eagle County for the next couple months?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top